Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree8Likes
    I have a frankenpre2. The pre2 was a verizon pre2, but is converted to sprint.

I too really like it. I have no problem w/my gps on sprint. I don't know if the gps is on the comms board, tho. If it is, then that could explain why I get better performance than verizon users.

That said, I thought the Verizon users had gps probs because of verizon & not the gps hardware.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Twitter: dullgeek
    although the frankenpre+ on sprint was the most stable experience for wifey and i, we are loving the frankenpre2's that we are now using as well, the hardware and keyboard are a step up, just wish webos 2.1 was more stable... or webos 2.2 would show up with all of the stability issues corrected...
    Quote Originally Posted by szavala View Post
    I like my Pre 2, I hate the fact that I have no GPS with it on Verizon. My month long test of using Verizon with a Pre 2 officially ends on Aug 10th. I'll be sticking with Sprint unless I can get the Pre 2 GPS to work reliably.
    My GPS works great on my Verizon Pre 2...

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    I too really like my Pre 2 on verizon. However, not being able to receive emails with graphics (black box where the text should be) is being a deal braker for me.

Talked to palm twice. it's a software (OS) issue with VZW.

Spoke to VZW: they will replace the phone (with a droid) for the cost of the battery. A warranty issue. Phone does not work as promised.

Too bad. As I said, really like the phone. HP is acting crazy. Don't need the grief.
    Global Posts
    249 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rawdeadfish View Post
    although the frankenpre+ on sprint was the most stable experience for wifey and i, we are loving the frankenpre2's that we are now using as well, the hardware and keyboard are a step up, just wish webos 2.1 was more stable... or webos 2.2 would show up with all of the stability issues corrected...
    I downgraded my frankenpre+ to 1.4.5 before giving it to my GF .. more stable and Im just waiting for her to complain about it being slow... then I'll hit her with the overclock.
    I love sunsets, long walks in the park, dogs, raccoons...and my Pre+ on Verizon. And my wife is pretty nice too!
    Ziplock likes this.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12