Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes
  1.    #1  
    Here is my desktop connected with ethernet.

Here is my PalmPad running connected to the same but on Wifi

Here is my Sprintified Pre 2 on Wifi on the same connection

All of these were testing the same server and I have done the test a few times on each with similar results. Why is my Pre 2 so slow????? 3g is also ridiculously slow.
    Last edited by kill_Dano; 07/28/2011 at 01:11 PM.
    Have you installed the "Unthrottle Download manager" patch?
  3.    #3  
    It comes preinstalled on the 2.1 meta doctor for sprint franken pre
    Quote Originally Posted by kill_Dano View Post
    It comes preinstalled on the 2.1 meta doctor for sprint franken pre
    Oh I didn't realize that... It's most liekly a problem caused by the comm board swap, I would suspect. Is the wifi radio on the same comm board that gets swapped when you frankenpre?

-Jeremy
    Try setting the Pre 2 up as a hotspot with freeTether and then test it from a laptop or even the TouchPad over wifi. Since speedtest uses flash to do the testing it could just be that the flash on the Pre 2 isn't optimized well and causes the test to run slower.
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by irwinr12 View Post
    Try setting the Pre 2 up as a hotspot with freeTether
    That's how I found this problem. My touchpad would hang loading pages while tethered to my Pre 2 on freetether. My Pre 2 is overclocked to 1.4 ghz. Much faster than the veer and I saw a thread where they tested the 3.5g radio of the veer and they reached just over 6mbps downloads on speedtest using flash. If I can't beat that with a faster device on a connection capable of 30mbps I have problems
    I seem to remember reading somewhere that the original Pre had a max download speed of 2.5Mbps. And I use my Pre- and freeTether daily and test with speedtest.net a few times per week. That max speed seems to hold true for me.

Mine-Sprint Samsung Galaxy Nexus 4G/LTE
    Sprint Pre, 1.4.5 overclocked with F102A Delta Dagger - retired 12-18-11
    Wife's- Sprint LG Viper 4G/LTE
    R.I.P. - My Launch day Pre - 06-06-09--04-18-11

Never trust a computer (or phone) named after a fruit.
    Quote Originally Posted by prolongexistence View Post
    I seem to remember reading somewhere that the original Pre had a max download speed of 2.5Mbps. And I use my Pre- and freeTether daily and test with speedtest.net a few times per week. That max speed seems to hold true for me.
    Mine can download at 4.3Mbps, 2Mbps slower than my dsl connection, but it works for me

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    W370 -> 3500c -> Instinct ->Pre -> Legend -> Pre 2 -> Bold 9900 -> iPhone 4 -> iPhone 5 -> HP Pre 3
    Rogers -> Fido -> Bell Mobility ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------->
    my pre- can download at 3.1 max....!!!! I have a 24MBPs connection. So I think your 4.3mbps is not true. It's impossible and it's madness that you are claiming that. I use the NetSpeed application and that's what I get. I have tested the pre on other high speed networks and that all I get. Either my wifii is bad(doubt it) or you meant to say 2.3. I thought the max download on pre(wiffi) was 3Mbps anyway. N that's exactly what I'm getting on the speed test. No more, no less
    i'm thinking this is a resource issue, like CPU or bus speed. Try running the same tests on sites that aren't to heavy with flash. And also, try the speedtest at speakeasy.net. I'll bet you see some big differences.
  11.    #11  
    Well testing the 3g more it's a mixed bag. This morning I'm getting good 3g speeds and I still get similar wifi speeds to what you guys report so I guess my Pre 2 is normal after all.
  12.    #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    try the speedtest at speakeasy.net. I'll bet you see some big differences.
    3.9mbps down and 2.84 up
    lol... yeah definitely a top speed on the Pre2 wifi it seems. On the WiFi network here in the office. This was done just typing speedtest.net into the browser and hitting begin test on the flash thingy.

Pre2:
    Ping 15ms / DL 4.18Mbps / UL 4.93Mbps

Laptop:
    Ping 5ms / DL 9.27Mbps / UL 8.82Mbps
    White Z10, Touchpad 16GB [Retired: Pre 3, Pre 2, Pixi Plus, Pre Plus]
    Back on a BlackBerry after 2 1/2 years with WebOS.

One-step Picasa batch image upload: http://forums.webosnation.com/hp-tou...ecl-webos.html
    Quote Originally Posted by rigo0523 View Post
    my pre- can download at 3.1 max....!!!! I have a 24MBPs connection. So I think your 4.3mbps is not true. It's impossible and it's madness that you are claiming that. I use the NetSpeed application and that's what I get. I have tested the pre on other high speed networks and that all I get. Either my wifii is bad(doubt it) or you meant to say 2.3. I thought the max download on pre(wiffi) was 3Mbps anyway. N that's exactly what I'm getting on the speed test. No more, no less
    I know what I'm talking about.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    W370 -> 3500c -> Instinct ->Pre -> Legend -> Pre 2 -> Bold 9900 -> iPhone 4 -> iPhone 5 -> HP Pre 3
    Rogers -> Fido -> Bell Mobility ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------->
    kill_dano likes this.
    well march when you put it like that. If you use speakeasy or speedtest. Obviously you don't. Those tests are not good enough to be done on a pre or pre 2. Not accurate. I did it on my old pre with 2.1 and for speed test.com and I got 6.1mbps so I'm even higher that yours but that doesn't mean anything. You can only go up to the 3mbps download on a phone. I have tested this. Phones are way limited to what a computer can really do. That's why speakeasy and speedtest on a phone is pointless. Now march, go and get the netspeed app from the catalog and take a screenshot of your wifii speed on it. Please do so right now, and tell me if you still that. I want to see. Please.
    Not good enough to be done on a pre or pre 2? really?

How about find a speed test that we don't have to pay 2 bucks for some app to run it and get back to me. I don't see what the problem with speedtest.net is. Feel free to recommend any web based alternative and i'm sure you'll get plenty of feedback.

One-step Picasa batch image upload: http://forums.webosnation.com/hp-tou...ecl-webos.html
    no it's not. What do you think you have? A computer lmao. Seriously be realistic here. You can have 24mbps speed just like me and your are not gonna get that download speed on ur mobile device. The most I got on 2.1 was 6mbps but in reality the phone can only download till 3mbps. Speed is no different with a high speed connection. And you know, you are wrong too and it's sad people don't look well on the HP CATALOG. There is an app called net speed and it's free and really reliable. Wow and it's free. Speakeasy is also so unreliable on 2.1 that it gives me too high of a download. It's meant for a computer only. I can't believe you want ur phone to turn into a computer already. Lmao. Now I trust speedtest.net on my laptop 100%. I get the 23.7mbps down speed. Go get the net speed ap for free. I guess I just showed you a new one. Now go get it!!! Lmao
    I seriously doubt that app is showing accurate results.
    Wow. No, I don't think this is a computer. It's a phone with a browser that works pretty well. Never said it was anything more than that. I downloaded your precious Net Speed free app and I still see results in the 3.3Mbps range for download on the wifi i'm on currently. I must be insane though because that's madness, right? Browser based test lands somewhere between 3.7Mbps and 4Mbps on the download speeds. OS is 2.1.0.

The tests on my PC do get faster result times still, but I don't see any evidence to explain the 3Mbps cap you claim on the phones just because you have one app that you can't get a faster test on. Open your brain a little and think about it.

this.... You are right. It's from 2.5 to 3mbps it varies. People just don't listen and want their pres to be a computer already. Jeeeeeeez.

Quote Originally Posted by prolongexistence View Post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast