Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree4Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by marclh1992 View Post
    I seriously doubt that app is showing accurate results.
    okay then in your mind consider your pre a computer. Be happy now. I get close to 7mbps on the speed test on flash browser but that's not real. It's messed up just like speakeasy. Those tests are more for a computer. Now if you had a webos computer then I would tell you you are right.
    Quote Originally Posted by rigo0523 View Post
    okay then in your mind consider your pre a computer. Be happy now. I get close to 7mbps on the speed test on flash browser but that's not real. It's messed up just like speakeasy. Those tests are more for a computer. Now if you had a webos computer then I would tell you you are right.
    I'm curious how you figure it's *not* a computer... Given that computer is defined as: "an electronic device designed to accept data, perform prescribed mathematical and logical operations at high speed, and display the results of these operations."

A PC has a CPU, long term storage (Hard drive or SSD), short term storage (RAM), keyboard, monitor, sometimes they have a touchscreen instead of a mouse...

How is any of that different than the Pre? Hell, my 'personal computer' runs Linux, and so does my Pre...

The speed tests work by downloading a file and timing how long it takes. Part of downloading a file means you have to do something with the data, so the flash based tests have to handle the data and discard it, and count how much data is coming in and how fast. What this means is that a slow CPU or badly optimized code may result in a test showing slow results, but it's simply impossible for it to be inaccurate in a way that results in "faster than possible" results. It's not like the web based Flash code is somehow lying about how much data it received... If you think it is, you need to give justification for how you think a physical impossibility might occur, rather than calling everyone else liars for posting speed results faster than yours.

I have a Pre 2 (Same as the OP) My stats: 25 ms ping, 4.5 Mbps down, 1.44Mbps up. Impossible right? The Flash is lying about how fast it pulled the data from the network. Must be a government conspiracy or something.

-Jeremy
    <Too much arguing. Thread closed>
    prolongExistence and kevets like this.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12