Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By jsgraphicart
  1.    #1  
    I am running a meta-doctored Verizon pre2 on 2.1 and cannot seem to find any of the kernels in preware. Have they been removed, I believe I have the correct kernel feeds in my list. Is their another location I can download the kernels from?
    Sent from my Verizon Pre2
    You dont even have UberKernel? I thought that was in there by default.
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by jsgraphicart View Post
    You dont even have UberKernel? I thought that was in there by default.
    Just the standard pre2 kernel. I cant seem to pull up any kernels no matter which feeds I try. Which feeds are you using on your pre2 to get the kernels?
    You have to add the kernels testing feeds. It's a little complicated. Check the webos-internals.org site for instructions.
  5.    #5  
    I got it to work, looks like I needed a reboot.
    Well UberKernel is in the webos-kernels feed which, again, I think was in preware when installing it. But when I tried out other kernels, I just followed these steps:

Testing Feeds - WebOS Internals

I just searched in preware though for "Kernel" and UberKernel is all that came up. Strange.
    pow12390 likes this.
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by jsgraphicart View Post
    Well UberKernel is in the webos-kernels feed which, again, I think was in preware when installing it. But when I tried out other kernels, I just followed these steps:

Testing Feeds - WebOS Internals

I just searched in preware though for "Kernel" and UberKernel is all that came up. Strange.
    I had to reboot after adding the preware is awesome, since it auto changes the url after a reboot. Guess I failed to read that information. Now that I have all of the kernels, I will have to try each one and see which is best.