1.    #1  
    So I recently moved from a Sprint Pre- to a Verizon Pre 2 thinking that most of the WebOS community has moved to WebOS 2.x. However when I loaded up Preware on my Pre 2 I was disappointed to find that most of the patches and tweaks are not available for WebOS 2.0.1.

What I'm curious about is if they are maybe available for 2.1, or are the options there even more sparse? I'm considering meta-doctoring to 2.1 but it apparently breaks all of the built in apps such as Amazon MP3 and VZ Navigator, things I'd like to continue using. The Meta doctor page also says voice dialing does not work in the Verizon 2.1 meta-doctor which is really one of the biggest 'new features' of WebOS 2.1.

Anyone have any thoughts or suggestions? If anyone is interested in porting their patches to work on 2.0.1 I've never been shy about donating to Homebrewers. Patches I especially miss are the ones that let me pack in more icons on the launcher pages as well as the patch that automatically shows the dialpad whenever I make or receive a call.

Also, since I left Spint I also lost Google Voice integration. Anyone willing to make a Google Voice app that looks, feels, and operates just like the real phone dialer would also be loved (And rewarded with donations). All it really needs to do is copy the existing dialer and just dial my GV number, my PIN number, then dial 2 and the number I really want to call. Something like P2GoogleVoice but make it actually look and feel like the native dialer. (IE: Integrate it with the phone's call history so I can easily return a phone call for instance)

Seems like all of the Google voice app developers gave up because Google kept breaking the authentication system, but if you do it the way I describe, you don't even *need* to authenticate to Google to place a phone call. You'd need to for texts but I don't care about texts. It's simple to reply to a Google Voice text message or log into the mobile Voice site to initiate a new text.

-Jeremy
    From what I gather, most of the patches have been ported to 2.1 and 2.0.1 was just kinda skipped. I'm looking forward to 2.1 being officially released so I can get things like advanced system prefs and mode switcher touchstone features - I use Skype pretty often and it reportedly doesn't work if you meta doctor to 2.1.
    yes, 2.1 has more. But, I use 2.0.1 and I found that the advanced framework patches combine many of my favorites into a single patch. Have you looked at those?
    2.1 is worth it to metadr, srsly, if not for promo code support alone.

I waited too long to meta dr, but did it last week. VZW isnt gonna release the update anytime soon. Do it now or forever hold your peace
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    yes, 2.1 has more. But, I use 2.0.1 and I found that the advanced framework patches combine many of my favorites into a single patch. Have you looked at those?
    I just checked Preware and none of the 'advanced system prefs framework' patches work on my 2.0.1 Pre 2. Would anyone be willing to backport that patch?

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums