Global Posts
    10 Global Posts
    Hi , i've been trying for two days to get 2.1 on my verizon pre2. I've tried to follow the directions outlined in the wiki, but i'm not familair with ubuto. I dont know what kind of responce to expect from each step. I do know that if i connect my pre2 to the comuter via usb, the phone has good responce(just charge,usb) but the computer never responds, not even in usb(should be a problem?) i see sun java in installed programs, but will not run, .jar files will not open, and palm-novacom has a bad certificate, i clicked on ignor & install anyway bbut it does not show in installed list. I'm sick of this pre2 being worse than my pre+. could someone take a look at the wiki and let me know what the proper responce to the commands should be like.

Thanks A million maybe i'll make it today!!
    Did you do the JRE install step?

If you want to test you should be able to run WebOS Quick Install and it should connect to your phone. Aside from that, the only time you should have to plug your phone in is after you run the script to build the new doctor file and launches.

Further still... if you can locate your 'windows' partition you can copy the doctor file over to there and you'll be able to run it from Windows after rebooting. After your doctor file is built, you can copy it wherever and then run it later when you are ready to rebuild your phone.
    White Z10, Touchpad 16GB [Retired: Pre 3, Pre 2, Pixi Plus, Pre Plus]
    Back on a BlackBerry after 2 1/2 years with WebOS.

One-step Picasa batch image upload: http://forums.webosnation.com/hp-tou...ecl-webos.html
    Global Posts
    10 Global Posts
    Thanks for the info kevets. I stuck it out got a pre2 w/webos 2.1.0 on verizon
    Quote Originally Posted by Robert_DJ View Post
    Thanks for the info kevets. I stuck it out got a pre2 w/webos 2.1.0 on verizon
    Wait, you had a Pre 2, you wanted to install WebOS 2.1, so you waited it out and got a Pre 2 with 2.1? Do you mean you managed to get it to work or you went out and bought a device that already had 2.1 on it?
    he means that he successfully completed the procedure.
    Last edited by FenrirWolf; 07/27/2011 at 09:23 PM.