1.    #1  
    I somehow lost my google calendar sync so I followed directions on this forum and deleted all Accts, deleted backup and added my google Accts back in. Everything is working except there is a dot next to all my old text messages and I cannot resume those conversations. It's like there not linked to a phone number or something, yet I look in my contacts and the names are all there with their respective phone numbers. What is this?

Thanks
    Tom
    that isn't a dynamic link so you will just start new conversations with your "new" contacts.
  3.    #3  
    But the contacts aren't new - these are conversations with Current and existing contacts that went dead after I re-added my google Accts - is there a way to re- link them what out starting all new conversations?
    they are new because it's not a dynamic link. The contact it knew about was removed. Its the same thing with the call list in the phone app.
  5.    #5  
    The phone app works fine all the old phone call list numbers work fine. Maybe I'm missing something?
    nope, that is expected behavior. And if you got a call before you pot the contacts back in, the call list wouldn't have a name next to it.
    Quote Originally Posted by landford View Post
    I somehow lost my google calendar sync so I followed directions on this forum and deleted all Accts, deleted backup and added my google Accts back in. Everything is working except there is a dot next to all my old text messages and I cannot resume those conversations. It's like there not linked to a phone number or something, yet I look in my contacts and the names are all there with their respective phone numbers. What is this?

Thanks
    Tom
    To put it in laymans terms..

There is a unique ID associated with an account when you set it up.. Once you remove it that ID is deleted..

Even if you re-add the same account a new ID is generated, so any texts associated with the original ID will have effectively no ID to continue the original thread

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
  8.    #8  
    Ok thank you both - I got it.

nice to have this place around.

Thanks again-
    Tom