Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    well for my pre- it seems to overheat on the back as well as the mirror area feels hot. So what about the pre 2? Does it overheat as much? And for your NAVIGATION while charging in car, does it still charge? Mine seems to drop battery percentage instead of charging when using NAV in my car.
    I don't think it gets terribly hot, but the navigation app is definitely a power hog. Are you running govnah and slowing the cpu down when on the touchstone?
  3.    #3  
    yes I have UK installed and I always have it 500/1000 and if I charge it I change the settings to 1Ghz. Eitherway, I know it's common for pre-s to get hot because I have friends with the same problem on their pre-s. The frankenpre is my next big thing but I'm just wondering how hot it gets compared to the pre- and especially the mirror area. I feel like I can cook an egg on that area cuz the bottm of the screen gets super hot when watchin youtube videos for a certain period of time(20 minutes)
    If I am streaming a video, music or a talk radio station for more than an hour my pre 2 does get very warm. But not as much as my Pre- used to get. I am not running Govnah either.
  5.    #5  
    oh then I guess that answers my question lol thanks
    Personally i have never felt my pre2 get hot or warm, besides pulling it off the touchstone
  7.    #7  
    whoa... That's a first
    I have a frankenpre and I would say no.
  9.    #9  
    so it seems like the pre 2 1Ghz processor can handle it better
    Global Posts
    323 Global Posts
    My Pre 2 gets hot like my Pre Plus did, but the difference is that if I turn off the screen for a minute or so it'll cool all the way down.

For my Pre Plus to cool down I had to close what I had running as well as turn off the screen - and wait longer for it to cool down.
    Peace, Freedom, Prosperity.

If you have a complaint/request relating to webOS please use the Feedback & Feature Requests Form at the official site.
  11.    #11  
    for my to cool down I have to put it in the freezer cuz it gets insanely crazy hot :/ my pre sucks
    Global Posts
    893 Global Posts
    My Pre2 gets extremely hot on the touchstone. Apart from that, only 3G with heavy messaging and GPS can make it overheat.
    Global Posts
    465 Global Posts
    I haven't had any abnormal heat with my Pre2 like I had withnmy Pre-. I use FreeTether while on the TouchStone quite a bit which used to turn my Pre- into a fireball LOL
    my pixi gets too hot I was on youtube last night and opened govnah and it said my cpu was 50 then I **** it off right away and let it rest for a biy and I have my overclocking to stock 600.
    Quote Originally Posted by rigo0523 View Post
    for my to cool down I have to put it in the freezer cuz it gets insanely crazy hot :/ my pre sucks
    when my pre- gets hot it looks so sexy
    Quote Originally Posted by j_benj View Post
    I haven't had any abnormal heat with my Pre2 like I had withnmy Pre-. I use FreeTether while on the TouchStone quite a bit which used to turn my Pre- into a fireball LOL
    This! With my Pre2 there's no point in using a touchstone if I have freetether going as it still drains the battery. Plugging in directly to the wall is the only way to keep it charging, in my case.
    White Z10, Touchpad 16GB [Retired: Pre 3, Pre 2, Pixi Plus, Pre Plus]
    Back on a BlackBerry after 2 1/2 years with WebOS.

One-step Picasa batch image upload: http://forums.webosnation.com/hp-tou...ecl-webos.html
  17.    #17  
    so I guess the pre 2 and pre- are pretty much the same then eh..
    Just upgraded from a pre- to a Sprint Frankenpre 2. I think the Pre2 hasn't gotten as hot as my Pre-. It will get warm on the Touchstone, particularly in the car. It gets warm when I'm in areas with bad cell signals, it'll get warm when the Wi-Fi is going full blast, and it gets warm when using the GPS and maps.

Still don't think its getting quite as hot as my Pre-, but still is sometimes a little lump of smoldering coal in my pocket...
  19.    #19  
    congratulations on your frankenpre2. I'm still holding on for the pre 3 to sprint thing. But as soon as it is confirmed, I will create a frankenpre 2. I wonder if the browser in pre- is just as fast as the pre 2
    My frankenpre gets just as hot as my pre- when I stream over 3g (radio-time). The comm bd gets hot which I think influences the batt temp. Using dr. Battery I'm seeing batt temps of 42-45C. I have to plug directly in - using the touchstone will result in temps pushing 50 (!). Heavy surfing over 3g also seems to get warm. Over wifi runs much cooler.

Overall, I would say my frankenpre doesn't run any cooler than my pre-.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast