Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes
    Global Posts
    25 Global Posts
    I've had far more issues than i did on the original pre.

It kicks me out of the OS to the palm loading screen and gets rid of my cards maybe once a week at least.

My alarms deleted themselves and forced me to have to buy a separate alarm clock app.

My phone stopped giving notifications and i had to hard reset

It didn't show it was sending messages to anyone once and i had to reset.

It stopped showing my received messages a couple times and when i restarted they appeared.

These things have happened in the last maybe 3 or so months I've had it. Top that off with the lack of updates probably ever coming out for it, I'm just highly disappointed. I honestly feel like it's beta software. Anyone else having these issues?
    I still love my device but I am feeling your pain. I am actually looking to get a verizon prprpr $plus$ $because$ $I$ $feel$ $1$.$4$.$5$ $is$ $better$
    *Patchers STILL make this phone Perfect!
    Palm Devices Currently Owned: Pre, Pre Plus, Pre 2, Pre 3, Pixi, Veer, Touchpads, and too many touchstones!
    I had a lot of issues being on 2.0.1 but after I meta-doctored to 2.1 I had no more problems. Everything is less buggy and lag is no longer an issue. Trust me its worth it.
    The Pre 2 is a solid phone and no need to indict the Pre 2 cause u had problems. I like my Pre 2 so much I'm going to skip the Pre 3 (once it comes out).

ET
    Global Posts
    956 Global Posts
    the only issue I had on my stock verizon Pre 2 is the notification sound lag.

much like my pre- I have not had any of the big bad issues!
    I don't think this is a problem with the pre2 but rather webOS 2.x.

I have a vzw pre plus metadoctored to 2.1 and have the same exact issues as you periodically.

I would advise a visit to the webos doctor.

unfortunately, again this is a software problem and it doesn't appear that HP is working hard on updating webOS 2.x for smartphones to fix the massive amount of bugs in the OS. They are focused on fixing the software bugs for the touchpad and webOS 3.0.

I really wish HP could use their "scale" to hire more software engineers to work on both the touchpad and smartphones simultaneously. I would recommend listening to the most recent webOSroundup podcast where the developer of "music player remix" expresses his frustration with the lack of 2.x software updates.
    my pre2 is on at&t (HP's corp standard). Running webOS 2.1. It's mostly stock with a few pw tweaks (mode switcher!!!)

I have occasional lag and responsiveness issues (buttons or scrolling stop working). I don't have the wide range if issues you describe. I wonder if it's worse on vzn?

I do find that re-setting the device once a day helps.

clearly a qa bug fix cycle is needed for 2.x...
    It sounds to me like in the US, Your carriers like to leave their marks on your phones OS. Which is why it takes you guys so long to get updates (Remember 1.4.5?). And when they do write code for features, they don't do a good job of it to be fair. Now all these problems are happening to you and because of their integration it's hard for HP to just release a minor update to fix them. I'm using 2.1.0 on an unlocked GSM Pre 2 in Europe and my experience seems to be fine. I hope you find a solution quick though.
    threed61#WN likes this.
    HP's fix is part of 2.1. Verizon just won't release it. They're even slower with Android updates. It's a good thing their network is so good, or they'd be unbearable!
    I haven't had any of the issues that you listed on my Pre2. Overall I'm still thrilled with it.
    I'm never waiting for an update from Verizon ever again. I'm meta-doctoring ASAP, every time, from now on. It's just not worth it. AT&T got their 2.1 what seems like a year ago, and we're still waiting? I'm sorry, That's total complete (word that makes grass grow green).

Don't wait, meta-doctor and appreciate.

Pre 2 is the greatest damned phone on the planet. Until Pre 3 comes out.
    Neo Enyo 2.0 Twitter App: NOW AVAILABLE | WON REVIEW
    clearview - clear card app for HP TOUCHPAD
    Wild'n Video Poker - AVAILABLE FOR ALL WEBOS DEVICES! | follow for latest updates - @fxspec06

geewhiz likes this.
    meta-doctor to 2.1...screw verizon and their complete lack of support for webos.

I've got a verizon pre2 running 2.1 and I have not had any of those issues.
    Global Posts
    25 Global Posts
    can anyone link me to the metadoctor? i'm having some trouble finding it
    Neo Enyo 2.0 Twitter App: NOW AVAILABLE | WON REVIEW
    clearview - clear card app for HP TOUCHPAD
    Wild'n Video Poker - AVAILABLE FOR ALL WEBOS DEVICES! | follow for latest updates - @fxspec06

My Pre 2 on VZW has the calendar bug (not syncing with Google), the email bug (pop3 email content doesn't display) as well as the frequent luna restarts. I tried metadoctoring to 2.1 and the email worked, but the calendar didn't work at all, even the Palm profile didn't sync. I posted my issue here and got no help. Metadoctoring is more risky than sticking with the official update schedule, I doctored back to 2.01.
    Quote Originally Posted by broncot View Post
    My Pre 2 on VZW has the calendar bug (not syncing with Google), the email bug (pop3 email content doesn't display) as well as the frequent luna restarts. I tried metadoctoring to 2.1 and the email worked, but the calendar didn't work at all, even the Palm profile didn't sync. I posted my issue here and got no help. Metadoctoring is more risky than sticking with the official update schedule, I doctored back to 2.01.
    I solved the pop3 issue by forwarding those to gmail. They opened fine after that. Relatively simple solution until the VZW glacier moves.
    I think that many people in here would love to be fed up with the Pre 2 on Sprint
    Titan078 likes this.
    you sprint people are really annoying. Just switch networks if you want a webos phone so bad. Its really not that big of a deal... And you got mad at HP for not giving you updates? Apple does the same thing with their older devices. The hardware just can't support the new software like they would like it to.
    Got my first Pre (Pre 2 on VZW) 2 1/2 weeks ago. Had some freezes (easily fixed with a restart. Some email text doesn't show.

Will this get worse? Or are complaints I read here a syndrome of the fact this is a Pre 2 forum and peple are going to post problrms.

This is my first data phone. It's useful (and a pleasure) to get emails and the internet on it. But will it crap out?

I'm not one to franken or overclock or uberkernal. Things work fine for me out of the box.

Is the whole Pre series the ******* stepchild of HP (born out Palm, now run out of town)?

Will the Veer be the golden child and HP will support it properly?

I know these questions are hard to answer as the Pre 2 is fairly new. Just don't want to get stuck with a lemon.

However, it is the best choice for my needs and preferences. Really like the phone.

Thanks,

mcgraw.
    You say things work fine out of the box but also say you have problems?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast