Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree3Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by threed61 View Post
    I solved the pop3 issue by forwarding those to gmail. They opened fine after that. Relatively simple solution until the VZW glacier moves.
    Well, if you don't mind not being able to use POP3, and you don't mind all your mail going through gmail, I suppose that kludge will get you your mail. It's hardly a fix for the problem, though.

I'm still using a Pre-, and I'm using POP3 instead of imap for accounts where I have the choice, because POP3 works better with the way I like to interact with and store my email. In particular, I want to be able to delete stuff from the Pre's limited space without risking deleting it elsewhere.

I'm reading this thread because I'm considering upgrading to a frankenpre2. You guys aren't filling me with confidence. I'm also looking at android devices, and at least they seem to be supported. Sigh. I really like this form factor, and I've grown fond of the user interface.
    I have had my VZN Pre 2 for one month and the pop 3 email problem is a pain and I would like to update to 2.1.0. Voice dial would be nice, I think. At first read, the process seems somewhat overwhelming to simply sorts like me and am wondering if the steps are laid out in a more simple manner somewhere. Just asking....
    I like the Pre 2 Hardware. I love webOS.

But I hate to experience webOS bugs every single day.

Camera not working most of the time (the image file could not be written...),
    battery is very strange (sometimes an office day is about 15% usage, sometimes it won't last the full office day).
    Facebook has no notifications on private messages.
    The device is often unresponsive (that's extra cool, because it always happens when you show the device to friends...).
    My ring tones randomly reset to the standard notification sound (what the hell?)
    My notification sound is often cut-off

That's what I had on my tongue already, there is probably a dozen or two more bugs I experience quite often. And what ****es me off extra here is that for the last couple of months all we get to read is about touchpad. No word on webOS updates for 2.x devices, some bugfixes, whatever. Is this going to be the next legacy device HP will drop support for?
    Quote Originally Posted by rigo0523 View Post
    I don't get it. People love the FRANKENPRE2 and the PRE 2verizon peoplehate it!!!!! What's going on really? Is it that bad?
    it is not that us VZW PRE 2 users hate our phone, we are fed up with VZW and HP not giving us the 2.1 update. I purchased Music Remix when it came out. I doctored my phone in hopes to fix the TMC Error. I said in hopes. Well, therapy I paid for is now only available for 2.1, not the developers problem, but the way the app catalog is set up. I just hope that they are holding out for the 2.2 update. If we get 2.1 when the Pre 3 comes out, this board will be blowing up with irate VZW PEEPS!
    I'm fed up with mine. I listed it on eBay, back to the Pixi for now, at least I get my email and cal on it. Not into trying to doctor it.
    Well I was getting pretty sick of it and then got a wild hair to use the Meta Doctor last night. Installed 2.1 perfectly. GPS sucks still never was really good. Better than my Pre Plus, but still not good. Only thing that's anoyying me is all the patches that are supposed to be available for 2.1 are still only showing as place holders.... Give me a pre 3 already before I switch to WP7 for a bit!

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    I won't sell my soul to Apple, & Google releases a new phone/OS every month it seems. Windows maybe an option. But really, I WANT to stay with webOS & Verizon has treated me well, up until they held back on 2.1 so I really dont know what to do. I won't switch carriers, I have 3 lines & don't want to pay an ETF on 3 smartphones. So really, if Verizon/HP would work together on this & not leave us out in the cold id be happy. But I'm afraid they don't care about us after we shelled out the $.

verizon pre 2 - 2.0, stock
    verizon pre plus - 1.4.5 various patches OC'd 1Ghz.
    verizon pixi plus - various patches, OC'd 800 mhz.
    verizon pixi plus - chillin in my sock drawer
    Global Posts
    251 Global Posts
    I have a pre 2 on vzw and a touch pad, I want to upgrade to 2.1 but I am worried about erasing my palm profile, can I just meta doctor my phone to 2.1 without worrying about losing all my palm profile information?
    Global Posts
    111 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by lancepr View Post
    I have a pre 2 on vzw and a touch pad, I want to upgrade to 2.1 but I am worried about erasing my palm profile, can I just meta doctor my phone to 2.1 without worrying about losing all my palm profile information?
    I meta-doctored to 2.1. All of my information was left intact. You shouldn't have any problems, but it is always better to play it safe and backup your information.
    Quote Originally Posted by puzzlegal View Post
    Well, if you don't mind not being able to use POP3, and you don't mind all your mail going through gmail, I suppose that kludge will get you your mail. It's hardly a fix for the problem, though.

I'm still using a Pre-, and I'm using POP3 instead of imap for accounts where I have the choice, because POP3 works better with the way I like to interact with and store my email. In particular, I want to be able to delete stuff from the Pre's limited space without risking deleting it elsewhere.
    That actually sounds more kludgey. You know IMAP can be used to move emails to other folders on the server so they are cleared out of the Inbox (and off the device) without being deleted.
    Quote Originally Posted by Orion Antares View Post
    That actually sounds more kludgey. You know IMAP can be used to move emails to other folders on the server so they are cleared out of the Inbox (and off the device) without being deleted.
    Using imap folders would force me to deal with those folders on every other device I use for email. My mac doesn't always play nicely with folders on the server, and I don't want to have to fight with it just top deal with my gadget.

Also, I want to continue to maintain my own archives, and not rely on an on-line service provider for that.
    Speaker just crapped out on me, after one day of playing music through the external speaker. Usually I just plug the headphone jack into the speakers @ work and listen to music that way. But thursday I took my relatively expensive speaker setup back to the house, so friday I just used the Pre 2's external speaker. Ever since then (today is sunday) the speaker has been getting worse and worse. Now it just sounds like garbage. This is BS.

verizon pre 2 - 2.0, stock
    verizon pre plus - 1.4.5 various patches OC'd 1Ghz.
    verizon pixi plus - various patches, OC'd 800 mhz.
    verizon pixi plus - chillin in my sock drawer
    Is there a set of instructions I can follow to tighten the screen? At 'full open' it is acceptable, but at closed or just partially open it is getting looser i think.

Maybe i just need to suck it up and just realize that al sliders with this design will be this way.

White Z10, Touchpad 16GB [Retired: Pre 3, Pre 2, Pixi Plus, Pre Plus]
    Back on a BlackBerry after 2 1/2 years with WebOS.

One-step Picasa batch image upload: http://forums.webosnation.com/hp-tou...ecl-webos.html
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123