Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes
    Small problems.

One freeze (no response when touching screen). If that an occaisonal problem, not a big deal. My laptop freezes every once in a while and the phone is a handheld computer.

Don't know why can't get some email text. Haven't yet talked to HP Butler yet about that. So far, they've solved my problems.

So, yeah, I still say "fine out of the box".

My big concern is how long things'll stay fine.
    Quote Originally Posted by Th3drow View Post
    I've had far more issues than i did on the original pre.

It kicks me out of the OS to the palm loading screen and gets rid of my cards maybe once a week at least.

My alarms deleted themselves and forced me to have to buy a separate alarm clock app.

My phone stopped giving notifications and i had to hard reset

It didn't show it was sending messages to anyone once and i had to reset.

It stopped showing my received messages a couple times and when i restarted they appeared.

These things have happened in the last maybe 3 or so months I've had it. Top that off with the lack of updates probably ever coming out for it, I'm just highly disappointed. I honestly feel like it's beta software. Anyone else having these issues?
    Not only do I have the same issues, but I started getting the TMC error message. I find it happens if I make a lot of calls. I feel your pain & also feel this is a beta software. I don't understand why Verizon won't release the darn update.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    I've had mine for a week and its a lot more superior to the pre plus. I love it a lot. It has done a luna restart and there's a few bugs to be worked out but overall the phone is smooth and silky.

All New Everything | webOS Enthusiast | Lakers | Manchester United | Cardinals | J. Cole | Wale - Athlete Mentality, Forget The Competition

Follow at @kingnoso11
    What's a luna restart?
    Nope, not at all. I'm itching for something new/updated, but that's human nature and not tied to how I really feel about the Pre 2. Just hoping the next VZW WebOS device I own will have 100%, consistently functional GPS.
    Quote Originally Posted by mcgraw21 View Post
    What's a luna restart?
    basically a system reboot.
    I, too, had my Palm Pre 2 for about a week. So far, I've got the black block instead of pictures and text on some of my emails on my email app. This shows up on my Hotmail account and if I log onto my hotmail account on the network; I don't have that problem.
    I also have the calendar bug in which the first appointment that I enter will have at least 3 repeats; sometimes a lot more. If I post a few appointments, back to back, the second, third, fourth, etc.. Don't seem to be affected; only the first one. I've also had on rare ocassion, the non responsive keyboard, where I type and nothing happens. This all happens on a Verizon Pre 2 running stock 2.0.1. I don't want to metadoctor, but I just may have to. I really like my device, warts and all!!!
    Art
    yup. I have had the Pre2 for about 3 months and it's honestly some of the worst phone experience I have had. I upgraded from a pixi, so I know WebOS. However, 2.0.1 is awful and combined with the battery life on the Pre2 make it a bad phone for me. It freezes a lot, reboots on it's own and now it no longer displays any emails - from an Exchange account and Google account. Phone sucks or maybe it's just 2.0.1 that sucks.
    I don't get it. People love the FRANKENPRE2 and the PRE 2verizon peoplehate it!!!!! What's going on really? Is it that bad?
    Pre 2 people mostly love their Pre 2 devices; its just that felt lack of support from Verizon Wireless and HP that gets to be really frustrating!
    Any downsides to meta-doctoring to 2.1?

Do you have a link to the meta-doctoring process for the Pre 2?
    I am on Verizon.

Thanks.
    Another VZ Pre2 2.0.1 user here... strongly considering making the jump to 2.1. Time to free up some space on the laptop to toss Ubuntu back on it, looks like.
    White Z10, Touchpad 16GB [Retired: Pre 3, Pre 2, Pixi Plus, Pre Plus]
    Back on a BlackBerry after 2 1/2 years with WebOS.

One-step Picasa batch image upload: http://forums.webosnation.com/hp-tou...ecl-webos.html
    Global Posts
    111 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by PreDave View Post
    Any downsides to meta-doctoring to 2.1?

Do you have a link to the meta-doctoring process for the Pre 2?
    I am on Verizon.

Thanks.
    I meta-doctored to 2.1 yesterday. The only downside so far is that I can't seem to get GPS to work anymore. I don't know if there is something specific in the Verizon doctor that enables GPS or what's going on. Other than that, the phone seems to be behaving much better.

http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...#Verizon_Pre_2

This is the URL with the meta-doctor instructions. The part I have linked to is specific to the Pre2. However, read the whole page so you know what you are doing. I used the test-meta-verizon-pre2-2.1.0 script, as it fixes voice dialing.
    Quote Originally Posted by tigrao View Post
    I meta-doctored to 2.1 yesterday. The only downside so far is that I can't seem to get GPS to work anymore. I don't know if there is something specific in the Verizon doctor that enables GPS or what's going on. Other than that, the phone seems to be behaving much better.

WebOS 2 Upgrade - WebOS Internals

This is the URL with the meta-doctor instructions. The part I have linked to is specific to the Pre2. However, read the whole page so you know what you are doing. I used the test-meta-verizon-pre2-2.1.0 script, as it fixes voice dialing.
    wait, the gps is WORSE on 2.1? my pre2 on 2.01 is no better than the gps on my pre+ was. I still cannot track a run for the life of me.
    only way i can get a gps fix is if i have gps location turned off and google services location turned on.
    White Z10, Touchpad 16GB [Retired: Pre 3, Pre 2, Pixi Plus, Pre Plus]
    Back on a BlackBerry after 2 1/2 years with WebOS.

One-step Picasa batch image upload: http://forums.webosnation.com/hp-tou...ecl-webos.html
    Global Posts
    111 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by kevets View Post
    only way i can get a gps fix is if i have gps location turned off and google services location turned on.
    Same here. Does anyone have working GPS on a 2.1 meta-doctored VZW Pre 2?

Quote Originally Posted by Courousant
    wait, the gps is WORSE on 2.1? my pre2 on 2.01 is no better than the gps on my pre+ was. I still cannot track a run for the life of me.
    On 2.0.1 I could consistently get GPS to work by running GPS fix and pressing T then A then B. That would wake the GPS up and force it to work. James Harris talks about this over in the GPS Fix thread. However, on 2.1 GPS Fix doesn't seem to know how to talk to the GPS at all anymore.
    Quote Originally Posted by stu5797 View Post
    I still love my device but I am feeling your pain. I am actually looking to get a verizon prprpr $plus$ $because$ $I$ $feel$ $1$.$4$.$5$ $is$ $better$
    Hi. I have a Verizon Pre still using 1.4.5. Wanna trade???
    Global Posts
    224 Global Posts
    @ tigrao..... I recently meta doctored to 2.1 on my verizon pre 2 and GPS works just as good if not better than it did on 2.0.1 I only went for a couple days with 2.0.1 on it though, so I didn't have much time to actually test 2.0.1 Compared to my plus on verizon, its a hundred times better, and I have no problems getting locks. I've even tried, just for fun, to get a lock in the house a few times and it located me in just over a minute. The only thing I did right after I meta doctored was to dial ##477# and it took a few tries to get the initial "first" lock, but after that, like I said, it worked great
    I too am in the same boat as all of you. Im thinking of doing the meta doctor to 2.1. I'm thinking it is not a big deal for VZW. They only care about the Droid.

My Sprint Pre2 with 2.1 is by far the best phone I've ever owned. The only problem I've run into is the voice dial doesn't work properly. I've had no random reboots, freezes or anything. It's as smooth and dependable as any phone I've ever handled. Kudos to Palm for this one. They nailed it. I suppose 2.1 is the key with this phone as most of you with problems aren't running 2.1. I kick myself every day for not ditching my Pre- sooner than I did for this beast.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast