Global Posts
    146 Global Posts
    I frankenpre my Sprint pre - with a GSM unlocked pre 2. If I were to sell it, could I sell it outright to a sprint customer to activate immediately? Or do I have to physically switch them back to original status and doctor 1.4.5 to the pre minus? Thank you!
    You can sell it as is, but unless you peeled off the serial/ESN sticker and transferred that over as well, you have to be sure you provide the correct numbers to the buyer. They should also understand that Sprint certainly won't do any warranty work and it'd be pointless for them to get the insurance. Both sides of this kind of transaction would need to be very knowledgeable for this to work.
    Just so we're clear here, it sounds like you swapped your sprint comm board into the pre2 and the gsm board from the pre2 into the old sprint pre-. If so, you obviously cant sell whichever unit has a gsm com board to a sprint user.

Also, my understanding is that a frankenpre2 will not activate for another customer once deactivated from your account. What you'd likely need to do is sell both phones together, so that the sprint comm board could be put back into the pre-, then reactivated, and then set back up in the pre2.

Of course if the buyer already has an activated pre- themselves, then they could buy justyour pre2, and franken pre their (already activated) sprint comm board into it instead the one you put in. I hope this makes some sense.
    Global Posts
    146 Global Posts
    OK, this afternoon I am going to swap back the hardware to their original status.

When turning on the Pre -, do I have to doctor it again to 1.4.5? Or will it be fine and just be a pre - on sprint running 2.x??
    It would be safer to doctor it again.