Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by gbp View Post
    I heard that Motorola Xprt cannot have the 10 dollar fee. I could be wrong. With Sprint everything is based on who you talk at the time of contract renewal .
    The only one I know to be fee free is the replenish as part of a go green promotion.
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    Global Posts
    538 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by poppeye View Post
    I got out of it after buying a nexus s and returning it to go back to my origional pre- (which I later frankenpre'd). But it wasnt easy, I had to fight.
    Lol, I did the same thing. I had the nexus s 4g for about two weeks until I went to the frankenpre+
    Global Posts
    538 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Achill3s View Post
    3. a) Used Pre- will still be the same model, no upgrade. No $10 fee

4. Same comm board, Sprint still thinks you have the a Pre- which means you're still grandfathered in. No $10 fee.
    So what if I upgraded to a Nexus S 4g (with the $10 tax obviously) and decided that I didn't like it and went back to my original Pre-. Can I get the tax taken off again?

I'm under the impression that no, I can not.
    Could give it a shot some have and some haven't, this is gonna be on a YMMV basis when switching back, etc.
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    I did the "upgrade" from my Original Pre to an Epic 4G and got hit with the 10 dollar tax. Really didn't like it as much as my Pre and decided to go back cracks and all. It took a lot of arguing on my part but they took the 10 dollar fee off. The lady who finally did it reasoned that it was a 'warranty' issue even though nothing was done to my Pre.

I then Frankened into a Plus. Gonna Franken into a 2 when the right deal arises.

Could you believe they wanted to charge me an extra 120 bucks a year for the exact same physical phone I was using two weeks prior?
    Global Posts
    538 Global Posts
    I made the plunge and bought a pre 2 off ebay and successfully performed the frankenpre surgery. However I think I may have messed my gps up as I cant seem to get a signal. Also, it seems a bit too creaky. Maybe I didnt put it back together right though.

I havent tried to get the 10 dollars taken off my account though and am not holding out much hope.
    Global Posts
    249 Global Posts
    I hooked my frankenpre2 up with sprint via the website and called the next day and told them I just hooked up my OG pre and they dropped the $10 fee with no hassles .... If you dont get what you want from them just CALL AGAIN! til you get someone who will work with you.
    Global Posts
    538 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Ziplock View Post
    I hooked my frankenpre2 up with sprint via the website and called the next day and told them I just hooked up my OG pre and they dropped the $10 fee with no hassles .... If you dont get what you want from them just CALL AGAIN! til you get someone who will work with you.
    wow nice! I will give it a shot tomorrow.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12