1.    #1  
    had my pre- for 2 years and never once a single too many cards error.

Got home last night, threw the pre2 on the touchstone....went to bed. went to retrieve it from said touchstone and there it is on the screen "too many cards".

I didnt even have a flippin card open!

my first TMC error in 2 years with webos
    @agentmock

Audiovox SMT5600 (WM) --> Cingular 8125 (WM) --> Sprint Mogul 8525 (WM) --> Palm Pre (webOS)- --> Sprint Franken Pre2 (webOS) + 32gb Touchpad (webOS)
    I occasionally have that issue with my Pre-. Or with just one card open. Annoying, but it goes away. Was your phone really hot at the time?
  3.    #3  
    it was just sitting on the touchstone in my a/c'd home...so i didnt find it hot at all
    @agentmock

Audiovox SMT5600 (WM) --> Cingular 8125 (WM) --> Sprint Mogul 8525 (WM) --> Palm Pre (webOS)- --> Sprint Franken Pre2 (webOS) + 32gb Touchpad (webOS)
    I've had that frequently on my Pre Classic, maybe once on my Pre Plus and my Veer.

In the latter case, after a reboot it never happened again.
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLIÉ T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

It's a Late Goodbye, such a Late Goodbye.

Need OEM Palm Pre parts? See here
    It happened to me twice so far. A Luna reboot stopped it every time. No idea where it's coming from.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Thanks
    DerB@ndit (Pre² WebOS 2.1)
  6.    #6  
    ya, i rebooted it after it happened. been ok since.

still annoying to get your first TMC error ever
    @agentmock

i had this happen before. it's weird. i thought it was like a glitch in the matrix.
    You come at the king. You best not miss.
    Seriously, you never got that before? I get it almost every day. A reboot will cure it. The problem is likely some memory leak in something that didn't close cleanly.
  9.    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by puzzlegal View Post
    Seriously, you never got that before? I get it almost every day. A reboot will cure it. The problem is likely some memory leak in something that didn't close cleanly.
    dead serious....my launch pre was the epitome of awesome. no oreo, no cracked usb doors, no too many cards....nothing
    @agentmock

Too Many Cards just pops up when your RAM is full. So people on Pre2 and higher should only see that message with like 60 cards open, or if there's a memory leak somewhere.
    Quote Originally Posted by puzzlegal View Post
    Have had my Pre Plus for almost 2 years and I've only seen the TMC error
    once (This was also having like 20 cards up and a game or two going). I'd also have to agree it was some memory leak from an app.
    Quote Originally Posted by 65fastback View Post
    dead serious....my launch pre was the epitome of awesome. no oreo, no cracked usb doors, no too many cards....nothing
    Well, I have no oreo, no cracked USB door, and no other physical problems. But I get "too many cards" pretty much every day. I think it's because

1) I get a lot of email
    2) there's some bug that prevents it from automatically emptying the trash. So the email application gets really "big".

(And when I get around to manually emptying the trash there are typically about 1000 notes in the trash, and it takes _forever_ to empty.)