1.    #1  
    So the first couple of days I had my pre 2, i used it for entire work days and it would only drop to the mid 70's on battery.

Well, after that, i noticed it started dropping MUCH faster. Usually 10% an hour.

Then one day, it literally was losing 20% an hour. I removed the battery and restarted it and it went back to dropping 5-10% an hour.

Well, I drained it, ran Dr. Battery and recalibrated and it failed recalibration.

When I wake it up with Dr. Battery on screen, it says it only uses -33mah. Which on a 1200 mah battery (what Dr. Battery says mine is capable of) at 33mah is almost 37 hours. Which means it should only drain 2-3% an hour.

So, Im thinking Ive got a defective battery.

Thoughts?
    Last edited by 65fastback; 07/21/2011 at 01:39 PM.
    @agentmock

Audiovox SMT5600 (WM) --> Cingular 8125 (WM) --> Sprint Mogul 8525 (WM) --> Palm Pre (webOS)- --> Sprint Franken Pre2 (webOS) + 32gb Touchpad (webOS)
    Any use of the radios (phone, data or wifi) will increase your usage to 100 to 200 ma, depending on signal strength and transfer amounts. Add any apps to that and it is even higher.
    did you install anything that could have done that? Or use the 3g radio more than previously?

3g use and spending time in areas of poor coverage are major battery drains.

ps, you can determine battery health with the app called Dr.Battery that you will find in Preware.
    There is a post about horrendous battery life... way towards the end of that thread a couple of the guys discover a potential phone not sleeping properly issue: linky

I had this problem with my 1st pre2.. it would kill the battery in airplane mode, screen off, and with all radios off in 8-10hours. I returned it for a refurb which is much better. Try downloading battery monitor... this can record drain over time. I noticed with my 1st pre2, it would always be pulling 100-200mA even at idle. My new pre2 drops to the 5mA range when idle.

I hope this is not what your phone is doing. Good luck.
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by rburtz View Post
    Any use of the radios (phone, data or wifi) will increase your usage to 100 to 200 ma, depending on signal strength and transfer amounts. Add any apps to that and it is even higher.
    im talking full strength signal and sitting idle....maybe get a text message or two

Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    did you install anything that could have done that? Or use the 3g radio more than previously?

3g use and spending time in areas of poor coverage are major battery drains.

ps, you can determine battery health with the app called Dr.Battery that you will find in Preware.

nope, nothing has changed.

I did lol @ you talking about Dr. Battery when I mentioned it multiple times in my post =P
    @agentmock

Audiovox SMT5600 (WM) --> Cingular 8125 (WM) --> Sprint Mogul 8525 (WM) --> Palm Pre (webOS)- --> Sprint Franken Pre2 (webOS) + 32gb Touchpad (webOS)
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by jimijames View Post
    There is a post about horrendous battery life... way towards the end of that thread a couple of the guys discover a potential phone not sleeping properly issue: linky

I had this problem with my 1st pre2.. it would kill the battery in airplane mode, screen off, and with all radios off in 8-10hours. I returned it for a refurb which is much better. Try downloading battery monitor... this can record drain over time. I noticed with my 1st pre2, it would always be pulling 100-200mA even at idle. My new pre2 drops to the 5mA range when idle.

I hope this is not what your phone is doing. Good luck.
    thanks for the link! i kinda feel like thats my issue. what sucks is the first 2 days were amazing.
    @agentmock

7.    #7  
    mine seems to drain at 30-50ma at idle. I dunno if the battery monitor is eating up the extra or not.

though it seems to drain at the same pace as before i put battery monitor on
    @agentmock

I don't think battery monitor eats much at all. Mine shows average 5mA when asleep (3g, mails set to push, battery mon running).
  9.    #9  
    so today my battery has been amazing. this is so confusing lol.

took it off charge at 8:30am.

push email, texts, 2 phone calls....its 3:35pm....7 hours its only down to 83%.

thats 17/7 = 2.4% an hour with use.
    @agentmock

10.    #10  
    ok, so, from 3:35-6:30pm, I didnt touch the phone (took a nap from 4:30-6:30)....woke up and its down to 43%!!!! wth. this is ****ing me off.

so in 3 hours it drained 40%.

restarted it at 7:00pm....took 3 videos (about 4 minutes worth total) after that and checked email and texts as usual....only dropped to 30% with all of that by 10:30 (3.5 hours).

so theres either a mem or data leak but I cant figure it out and its making me mad.
    @agentmock

11.    #11  
    so from last post to now (1.5 hours) it dropped from 30% to 18%. 12% drop in less than 2 hours.

just watching battery monitor on screen it claims its using 216ma and thats with me keeping my screen brightness on the lowest setting.
    @agentmock

12.    #12  
    is there any way to check what processes are running? a -200-220ma drain while doing NOTHING is absurd
    @agentmock

13.    #13  
    same drain percent even in airplane mode. so its def something hardware or webos related and not data polling or signal strength
    @agentmock

Global Posts
    465 Global Posts
    I've been having a similar problem. Install the SDLTerminal app, run it, then turn off the screen. Let it set for about 15-30 seconds, and when you turn it back on, see if you are getting a bunch of sleep messages. If so, look for a program in preware called NoDoze and run that. See if that helps your battery drain. It helped a little for me, but not much. Other people have had more success than me though.

I just re-doctored again today to see if that will fix it. I just started having this problem like 2 weeks ago so I'm not sure what is causing it.
    I hope you don't have any hotmail account configured? If yes, remove it and recheck battery life.
  16.    #16  
    Quote Originally Posted by abhinandanjain View Post
    I hope you don't have any hotmail account configured? If yes, remove it and recheck battery life.
    gmail set to push

but that wouldn explain getting 2% drain an hour sometimes and 15% other times
    @agentmock