Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By pow12390
    Global Posts
    8 Global Posts
    I just bought a new Pre 2 from vzw jumping from Sprint when my pre - died. The Pre 2 had WebOS 2.0.1 installed. Since I read 2.1 has been released for vzw I thought a system update would bring me 2.1 but system update states I'm up to date. How do I get the 2.1 update?
    Unfortunately there's no 2.1 update for Verizon Yet.

You may try installing it through meta doctor

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Just remember: If I helped you, press the thanks button!

Owner of: Pre Sprint, Pre Telcel, Pre Plus AT&T, Pre 2 Unlocked, Pixi Plus AT&T, and 2 TouchPads (my Pre3 was stolen so it won't appear again here).
    Needs: Veer (anyone?)
    Apps: Subnet Calculator, FreeCam, PhotoFun, NuttyPad (work in progress)
    HomeBrew: meta-doctor and Messaging Plugins collaborator
    Twitter: @cesarneg
    I got the Pre 2 late May and waited for an update.

I meta-doctored two days ago because I got tired of waiting.

Just my 2c
    Neo Enyo 2.0 Twitter App: NOW AVAILABLE | WON REVIEW
    clearview - clear card app for HP TOUCHPAD
    Wild'n Video Poker - AVAILABLE FOR ALL WEBOS DEVICES! | follow for latest updates - @fxspec06

Umm, 2.1 has been out for a few weeks now. I received the notification on my phone and installed it. Works great.

webOS 2.1 update finally lands for Verizon Pre 2 | The #1 HP webOS, TouchPad, Pre, and Veer Community | PreCentral.net
    Quote Originally Posted by mattbrad2 View Post
    Umm, 2.1 has been out for a few weeks now. I received the notification on my phone and installed it. Works great.

webOS 2.1 update finally lands for Verizon Pre 2 | The #1 HP webOS, TouchPad, Pre, and Veer Community | PreCentral.net
    That was not a mass update, is seems only a few people received it. I meta-doctored a few days ago. Next best thing.
    Sent from my Verizon Pre2
    fxspec06 likes this.
    lies if it's verizon, peope are saying there is no update on verizon yet
    Also unconfirmed by anyone at Verizon or HP.

Quote Originally Posted by pow12390 View Post
    That was not a mass update, is seems only a few people received it. I meta-doctored a few days ago. Next best thing.
    Neo Enyo 2.0 Twitter App: NOW AVAILABLE | WON REVIEW
    clearview - clear card app for HP TOUCHPAD
    Wild'n Video Poker - AVAILABLE FOR ALL WEBOS DEVICES! | follow for latest updates - @fxspec06

As far as I know there are no confirmed cases of any VZW Pre 2's having 2.1 running. Unless someone can provide a screen grab showing their device to be running 2.1, I won't believe it.
    Global Posts
    8 Global Posts
    I googled the Pre 2 and saw a lot of forums stating 2.1 was released on vzw about the end of June. Looks like that was not true. I will look into the meta-doctor route.
    Quote Originally Posted by mpachis View Post
    I googled the Pre 2 and saw a lot of forums stating 2.1 was released on vzw about the end of June. Looks like that was not true. I will look into the meta-doctor route.
    Yeah, there was a long thread already about this articles.

ET

not a full deployment - as I am still waiting. just give us 2.2 already or 3.x. Oh wait, WebOS 3.x is for Tablets only - oops. Not what was said back in Feb and beyond, but oh well.
    I just switched from Sprint Pre- to a Verizon Pre2 and I too am wondering where WebOS 2.1 is? I'd seeing articles left and right talking about how 2.1 was released on Verizon back in June yet it's not actually on the device?

What gives?

-Jeremy
    Quote Originally Posted by irwinr12 View Post
    I just switched from Sprint Pre- to a Verizon Pre2 and I too am wondering where WebOS 2.1 is? I'd seeing articles left and right talking about how 2.1 was released on Verizon back in June yet it's not actually on the device?

What gives?

-Jeremy
    Read the thread.