Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By rwhitby
  1.    #1  
    Doing this to my wifes phone this afternoon so I really don't want to screw this up. She wants an Evo 3D so I'm trying to avoid the whole, "I told you so" conversation. She has a Sprint Pre- and I purchased a Verizon Pre2. Which script would I run? There are a couple that look like they apply to me. What about contacts and calendar info (via palm profile, she doesn't use google)

And yes, I've read through about 100 pages of forum searches. My head is spinning.
    I just did this last night... you will want to use the Sprint Franken Verizon Pre 2 script (./scripts/meta-sprint-franken-verizon-pre2-2.1.0). Mine failed the first time thru, but I reran the jar file and it worked fine on the 2nd try.

I started with a new profile on my pre2, so I can't say for sure, but I think the palm profile stuff will be there once you sign in after the doctor.
    When I did it, I was able to use the same profile that I'd had on my Pre-. It worked just fine.
    Twitter: dullgeek
    so you guys really see a difference between the pre- and the 2?
    Umm...yeah.

First things that come to mind:
    1. It's much faster
    2. Battery life is better - due to more efficient processor
    3. Build quality is better

More commentary in these threads:
    http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...ifference.html
    http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...nken-pre2.html
    lol I'm waiting for the price to drop on the pre 2. I'm still waiting on my tax return :/
    Global Posts
    249 Global Posts
    So you dont need to do all the token stuff when your making the frankenPre 2... Like I had to do with my pre- to pre plus conversion?
    Quote Originally Posted by Ziplock View Post
    So you dont need to do all the token stuff when your making the frankenPre 2... Like I had to do with my pre- to pre plus conversion?
    That is correct.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    Ziplock likes this.
  9.    #9  
    Did it! It was simple. The hardest part was getting my wifes iTunes music back on the device. Ugh. I received a few errors in downloading some of the scripts but just re-ran them and all went fine. Now if I can only figure out why none of the system sounds are working. I get ringtones but no notification sounds or the swooshing when a card is tossed.
    Quote Originally Posted by mattbrad2 View Post
    Did it! It was simple. The hardest part was getting my wifes iTunes music back on the device. Ugh. I received a few errors in downloading some of the scripts but just re-ran them and all went fine. Now if I can only figure out why none of the system sounds are working. I get ringtones but no notification sounds or the swooshing when a card is tossed.
    Go to the Sounds & Ringtones app and check to see if "System Sounds" are enabled.
    I am, therefore I think
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    That is correct.

-- Rod
    Is a token transfer still required then if you ARE moving a Sprint Comm Board to a Pre Plus? If so, what makes a conversion to Pre2 different such that it is not required?
    Global Posts
    249 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sq5 View Post
    Is a token transfer still required then if you ARE moving a Sprint Comm Board to a Pre Plus? If so, what makes a conversion to Pre2 different such that it is not required?
    good question .... I was just hoping it was HP leaving the backdoor unlocked for us.
    Quote Originally Posted by sq5 View Post
    When you make a frankenpre+, it can be restored with the stock sprint webos doctor. the frankenpre2 can not. So you don't really need to worry that much about the tokens.
    Global Posts
    249 Global Posts
    Can you put 1.4.5 on a Pre 2 with sprint?? So I can get the PRL crap
    Quote Originally Posted by Ziplock View Post
    Can you put 1.4.5 on a Pre 2 with sprint?? So I can get the PRL crap
    No.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    Global Posts
    249 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    No.

-- Rod
    Does the method outlined here as the "Manually Updating" work. If I got another pre 1.4.5 (2nd line) to get the PRL.

Sprint PRL Update - WebOS Internals

thanks again rod