1.    #1  
    all of a sudden my email message won't display the body content for all of my email accounts. This includes MS Exchange and gmail.

any ideas???
    Global Posts
    29 Global Posts
    My Pre 2 is doing this also, and the gesture light stays lit. Got an error that said content could not be downloaded. Pre 2 is new. Never had this problem with my Pre Plus.
    I sometimes have the issue when looking at POP3 email. I have them route through my gmail account so I can use IMAP, and that seems to solve the problem. Not sure if your issue is the same as mine, but the email bugs are apparently fixed in 2.1, which VZW desperately needs to release.
    If it happens on all accounts, not just POP, then you probably need to erase/doctor and restore to fix it.
    Mail app in both 2.01 and 2.1 is buggy. I have experienced this in IMAP as well as EAS in 2.1 as well.

You need to remove problem account(s) from the "Accounts" utility. Reboot. Then individually set up each account from Mail app.

Just in case this does not solve the problem slightly more drastic action will be required. Please read my post on the subject in the following thread:
    http://forums.precentral.net/webos-d...-new-post.html

One last comment. You will still get occasional instances of blank email text or a momentary black box appearing. Usually email text may appear after a few seconds. If it times out or shows "failed to download" you could try scrolling back & forth through messages in your Inbox by pressing the tiny left and right highlighted arrows from within the opened email which has a problem showing text. After a few seconds of playing this game the text in the problem email should appear.

I have said this a few times already, the Email app in 2 is very poorly implemented. In fact I have an old Pre - on 1.4.5 running in parallel with the exact same email accounts and have not seen any of these bugs to date.
    HS Visor + GSM Module -> Treo 180 -> 270 -> 270LE -> 600 -> 650 -> 680 -> Pre"-" -> Pre 2

TP & Pre 3-> still looking for them
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by treo_knight View Post
    Mail app in both 2.01 and 2.1 is buggy. I have experienced this in IMAP as well as EAS in 2.1 as well.

You need to remove problem account(s) from the "Accounts" utility. Reboot. Then individually set up each account from Mail app.

Just in case this does not solve the problem slightly more drastic action will be required. Please read my post on the subject in the following thread:
    http://forums.precentral.net/webos-d...-new-post.html

One last comment. You will still get occasional instances of blank email text or a momentary black box appearing. Usually email text may appear after a few seconds. If it times out or shows "failed to download" you could try scrolling back & forth through messages in your Inbox by pressing the tiny left and right highlighted arrows from within the opened email which has a problem showing text. After a few seconds of playing this game the text in the problem email should appear.

I have said this a few times already, the Email app in 2 is very poorly implemented. In fact I have an old Pre - on 1.4.5 running in parallel with the exact same email accounts and have not seen any of these bugs to date.
    Thanks treo...Will give it a shot.
    Global Posts
    29 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Midway99 View Post
    Thanks treo...Will give it a shot.
    Yes thank you.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    On my Veer both Email ald Web Browser fail to render Pages, Emails etc. just all of a sudden. I think I need to doktor (again (( )
    The webbrowser stopps the little spinning wheel, the Emails are just black
    Edit:
    Oh, it goes on: Sound output not working, Music player is skipping always the 1st 3 songs...

This is the 2nd Time this problems appear, i've already doktored the device 2 weeks ago
    Last edited by masterhit; 08/10/2011 at 11:00 AM.