Global Posts
    140 Global Posts
    So, I bought one a second Palm Pre Original Smart Phone AC USB Wall Adapter to connect my second Touchstone at the office. Just $4 on Amazon! It looks like OEM and works fine. I packed up the little usb to micro-usb cable I had been using to put in my travel bag. But I just realized a problem-- no way to connect my phone to my computer now. Since the Touchstone has to be plugged into a power outlet to function (which is under my desk) and the phone's bluetooth can't be used to transfer files, how am I going to move my music, etc. to the phone?!?

Oh, Palm/HP, why have you crippled the blutooth? Why couldn't the Touchstone run on power from the computer's usb port?

Sigh.
    Global Posts
    140 Global Posts
    Just thought... are there any apps that will let me browse my computer over the LAN (wifi)?
    I guess I'm not following you. Why don't you transfer all the music, etc to the phone using the USB cable, then use the Touchstone to charge it? What exactly are you trying to do? Even without the Touchstone, using the USB cable, you can't transfer files and charge at the same time.
    Yeah, I'm not sure what is keeping you from using the USB cable to move files from your PC to your Pre? Is it convenience because the Touchstone is underneath your desk?
    Achill3s' Palm Pre: Modded and patched to death!!
    Global Posts
    140 Global Posts
    Sorry, I wasn't clear... To charge, the Touchstone has to be plugged into wall power-- not the computer. To transfer files, the cable has to be removed from the Touchstone/wall power and connected to the computer. The issue is not just the annoyance of having to move the cable back and forth, but in my case the wall power in under the desk. I am not going to crawl under the desk to get the cable every time I download a new mp3 that I want to get on my Pre2.
    If you have Multi Mod(Patch) on your phone, you have the option of Streaming or Downloading what is usually Streamable Only content. So if you're the type of person that searches up 1 song at a time, you can easily search on something like Youtube, and when it comes time to listen to it, it gives you the option to Download.

Your phone is plugged in charging, and you can Download direct to your phone instead of to the PC, then the phone.

Hope that helps!
    Due to the cancellation of the penny, I no longer give 2 about anything. I may however, give a nickel
    It might be worthwhile to keep another USB cable on hand so that you can use it to transfer files to and from the desktop. I picked up several OEM USB cables for less than $5.00 each at one of the carriers (ATT, I think).
    Global Posts
    140 Global Posts
    Yes, a spare usb cable would do it. I'll look into that patch. It occurred to me during lunch one, round-about option would be to copy files to my Dropbox and use Dropboxify. That will work, but is not very efficient.

Thanks.
    I am also sure there are a couple of Apps that help you synch your files through WiFi. WiFi Media Synch is the one I can remember. Synching via WiFi is much faster than Bluetooth. I am not sure, however, if you get the option to just drag and drop via Media Synch and other tools, as you would when you are using the Pre as a USB device.
    Global Posts
    373 Global Posts
    the cloud is your friend.....
    Install the Open SSH SFTP server and then you can sync via Wifi.

OpenSSH SFTP server is available in Preware and/or WebOS Quick Install as a 'Linux Application'.

-Jeremy