Global Posts
    679 Global Posts
    eBuyer now tell me they cannot supply me a Pre2 as they are out of stock.

Anywhere else has the Pre2 on offer now?
    Pilot 5000 > Pre > Pre2 > Pre3 > Galaxy Nexus
    TouchPad > Galaxy Tab 8.9
    ummm try EBAY again, diff seller maybe?
    Global Posts
    679 Global Posts
    By eBuyer I mean Cheap Laptops, Computers and Cheap LCD TVs | Ebuyer.com not an eBayer :-) They were selling Pre2s for 140

But good advice, I'll check out eBay, ta.
    oh lol I didn't know. Naaa ebay is really expensive for a pre 2 right now
    is that a trusted place?
    Global Posts
    679 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rigo0523 View Post
    is that a trusted place?
    I'm not sure.....

OsoO.co.uk - Electrical Store | Televisions to Computers, Software & Accessories

Registered this year... Maybe OK.... I guess..
    Global Posts
    679 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by RedMist View Post
    I'm not sure.....

OsoO.co.uk - Electrical Store | Televisions to Computers, Software & Accessories

Registered this year... Maybe OK.... I guess..
    Ive read quite a bit about Osoo now. Apparently its a 1 man band who buys in stock after he's received your order. Poor customer service and sometimes he gets caught out as the items are not available from his suppliers.

I'll avoid...
    then I'll avoid too
    I "bought" a NAS from osoo, said in stock, next day delivery - got confirmation email of order but then no dispatch email. PHoned - went to answerphone, left message, no one phoned back.
    Sent email, got response around 48 hours later - said not in stock and i could get a refund - replied asking for refund.
    3 days later no sign of refund (onto credit card) emailed again - got a refund eventually.
    He may be sitting on a pile of Pre2s in which case i suspect its fine to order one - from looking at online reviews (hindsight a wonderful thing) i suspect he does carry some stock. However from the look of things, and my experience, he takes lots of orders for items he doesn't have in stock, presumably then trying to get then and sell on before the customer get fed up.
    My advice is avoid.
    Global Posts
    38 Global Posts
    eBay is your best bet now for a cheap pre 2.

When did you order yours from eBuyer? I ordered one on 11th July and it got dispatched the next day.
    Since late April and upto a couple of weeks ago the market seemed to have been flooded by Pre 2's going for about 150. Maybe because HP offloaded their own stock (part of which was selling them to employees at 90 a pop). You can still find lots at ebay but a bit more expensive, and a few outlets that sell them for about 240 ish. You can also buy them free with a contract if you stomach a 2 year contract (expansys has it at 25 per month).

You are protected if you buy from ebay and pay by PayPal, so a brand new in the box phone has to be brand new in the box and unopened. Would not hurt to specifically ask if it has ever been powered up if buying from ebay. But I am not sure you would get Palm's 2 year warranty on the phone though. I got mine a few weeks ago from ebay. Fine phone, but the slider mechanism though obviously new, is more suspect than the one on my Palm Pre-. Not sure if Palm will repair for free when it comes apart. Your choice and risk at the end of the day!!
    Back in stock on eBuyer, but at 144.

Still a B-A-R-G-A-I-N if you ask me!!
    How long does delivery take from eBuyer?
    play.com? How safe is that as well?
    I've just taken the plunge and ordered a Pre2 from Ebuyer, 144 with free delivery. Had 7 left in stock when I was ordering mine and by the time I finished it was out of stock!!

Anyone have any tips for when I change from my Pre to the Pre2?

Thanks
    Looks like Ebuyer now have more stock, just checked and it's stating 99 in stock. Still 144 too