1.    #1  
    I flew from SC to DC on Friday evening to visit my fiance for the weekend. Unfortunately, I failed to take along a charger for my Pre 2. This really ticked me off b/c I knew we'd be doing a lot of driving and walking around and I wanted my phone for maps and etc. However, one of the activities we had planned was buying her first smartphone. So, we went to the local Verizon store and after a few minutes of less-than-serious deliberating, she came out with a new iPhone. I didn't even really push the Pre 2 b/c she's already commented on how I'm always fussing about little glitches. This was about 10 am, at which point I turned my phone off to save its battery. Within a couple of minutes, we had downloaded the DC Metro app and found the closest station, planned our route and determined when our train was arriving. I was the "navigator" for the day and all I can say is: everything on the iPhone just works. It works so well, in fact, that I didn't even turn my phone back on until I was at the airport Sunday evening at 7 pm. But, when I did turn it on, I realized within about a minuted how much I love the multitasking of the Pre 2. This is far and away the #1 feature of WebOS and maybe the only area where it beats the iPhone hands down. If the iPhone were ever to decide to integrate some kind of similar multitasking, it'd pretty much be game over for every other smartphone platform. I'm still holding strong for the Pre 3 in December, but this is the first time I've ever even entertained the notion of possibly considering the slim chance of purchasing an Apple product.
    Oh I agree completely. IOS is so 1 and 2 years ago tech wise, but when you have no competition and only sheeple for customers, why innovate if they expect nothing besides what Steve Jobs thinks they need.

I would love to see IOS 5 and the next iPhone HD/iPad HD step things up and make a device worth owning. Having all the apps is sweet, but the they really need to fix their OS and make something more then just basic in design and nature.

If you need another motivator to move to IOS...checkout Airplay. An iPhone or iPad and Apple TV simply work so well together and no one has anything close to as easy when it comes to showing pictures, slides, video, and music from one device to another. If I needed to do this and share video and other content regularly...Airplay would make a huge difference and I'm hoping HP comes out with something similar soon then later. Sorli...
  3.    #3  
    If iOS had the multitasking that WebOS has, it'd be curtains for any other smartphone platform. However, if WebOS had all the support that iOS has, it'd also be curtains for any other smartphone platform. This weekend cemented in my mind that WebOS is far and away the better platform, but it also highlighted how far behind WebOS is in terms of support.
    yes they are far behind in support. But cool story bro
    this is my debate too... Stay with what I love, or settle for what works? iOS5 brings most of what was missing, and Airplay... Wow, I already have a hundred ideas for that.

Currently have Veer+Touchpad, hoping that next couple weeks bring reasons to believe.
    Quote Originally Posted by sorli View Post
    Oh I agree completely. IOS is so 1 and 2 years ago tech wise, but when you have no competition and only sheeple for customers, why innovate if they expect nothing besides what Steve Jobs thinks they need.........

(and then you add....)

If you need another motivator to move to IOS...checkout Airplay. An iPhone or iPad and Apple TV simply work so well together and no one has anything close to as easy when it comes to showing pictures, slides, video, and music from one device to another. If I needed to do this and share video and other content regularly...Airplay would make a huge difference and I'm hoping HP comes out with something similar soon then later. Sorli...

So, either they are bringing innovative features to mobile OS or they aren't. Which is it, would you say?

I think some people get so intent on propping up (or tearing down) an OS or a company, that some odd statements pop out.