1.    #1  
    I have a Palm Pre 2 on VZW.

No indication on phone on monthly view of appointments.

I've not seen any posts addressing this issue.

I've been reading posts about the calendar issues, all dated 6 months or more back. Have the issues been dealt with?

Worked with Butler to get my appointments onto Google. Did not happen with the original DTA sync.

Any replies appreciated.

Thanks,

mcgraw
    you should see gray shading on the days that have appointments...
  3.    #3  
    Thanks for the reply.

I see that shading on only one event that was on my calendar before syncing. That's what I'm looking for for all events.

It's the one event in the month for which I had indicated a time. The other events in the month were not timed.

Went back to Google and made those events timed, but they have not showed up on the the Pre.

In weekly view I see green bars at top of the day.
    You probably have them listed as all-day events. It may take a while for it to sync to the phone.

Also, in the calendar entry (google from your PC?) there may be an option for whether the event should show as busy, tentative, or open on your calendar. Can you check that? I use Outlook for calendar, so I'm not looking at exactly the same thing you are. Check google calendar entries to see what setting options you have for an appointment.
  5.    #5  
    Talked to Butler again. They said, as you did, I should see the grey bar. It should show up even for an all day event.

That was couple hours ago. Still no notification in month view.

Is there a known issue about this.

Also, cantaffordit, how are you using outlook? I understand none of the 3rd party programs support Pre2.
    pocket mirror works with webOS 2.x
  7.    #7  
    OK. I'll have a look.

Thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by mcgraw21 View Post
    I have a Palm Pre 2 on VZW.

No indication on phone on monthly view of appointments.

I've not seen any posts addressing this issue.

I've been reading posts about the calendar issues, all dated 6 months or more back. Have the issues been dealt with?

Worked with Butler to get my appointments onto Google. Did not happen with the original DTA sync.

Any replies appreciated.

Thanks,

mcgraw
    I've been using a VZW Pre 2 since February, Palm acknowledged an issue with Google sync on their support forum and said the issue was fixed in 2.1, but VZW hasn't released it. I metadoctored to 2.1 yesterday, lost 4 apps that are apparently no longer available (2 I bought) and I can't use the calendar at all. With 2.01 I could at least use the Palm Profile reliably. I'm thinking of going back and continuing to wait.
  9.    #9  
    Spoke with HP OS Butler more than several times. Got Google to sync with calendar. Asked them if it was a known issue. They told me it wasn't.

I wanted events to show up in the monthly view. Turns out you can't use and untimed or daily event. Need to put a time to it.

Also using PocketMirror for the free tryout time. It works.

The plus for syncing with Google: free and can use from any computer. The cons: all your info is just out there (in the cloud>on Google's server).

Pros for Pocket Mirror: not in the cloud, only on your computer. Con: can only use one computer.
    I seem to only get the syncing to work from google (computer) to palm not the other way around.

And when I put them in on my computer the reminders work but not when I put it in on my palm?

Does anyone else have that? Is that a known issue?
    Quote Originally Posted by banditwow View Post
    I seem to only get the syncing to work from google (computer) to palm not the other way around.

And when I put them in on my computer the reminders work but not when I put it in on my palm?

Does anyone else have that? Is that a known issue?
    I have removed the google calendar and shut down my palm pre and started it up again and added my google calendar again. The reminders work now. Before the reminders only worked if I put an event in my calendar on my computer and not from my palm. Whether it is because they weren't syncing properly before or another reason I don't know, for now it's working fine.