1.    #1  
    So my brother loves my pre2. And well i kinda came up with a theory, let me kno if its possible (or even legal)...
    If he does that whole franken-pre to get it to work on sprint...would verizon ever know about it? From what i read, if u do this, ur pretty much switching the comm board and verizon will no longer be able to use the esn...? Or am i way off?
    if you switch it back to all verizon, it would work on verizon again...
  3.    #3  
    and why i asked if its possible, or legal is cuz i have insurance on the phone...
    hopefully u kinda get what im talking about.
    If you swap comm boards you'll have to remove the palm tamper sticker that's over one of the torx screws. This would kill any ability to get an insurance replacement down the road.
    as son as you activate a new phone on your account with verizon, the insurance will start covering the phone you are using on that account.

If you keep insurance on your account, and put the Pre2 back on the account - the insurance would cover the Pre2.

I switch between a Pre Plus and Pre2 all the time, and the insurance just covered whatever was activated... until I finally cancelled it.
  6.    #6  
    Not insurance replacement. I was referring to a stolen/lost claim.
    If you have a Pre2 with a bad ESN that was reported stolen, you are an insurance fraud situation on your hands... not a good idea to be in possession of something like that.
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    If you have a Pre2 with a bad ESN that was reported stolen, you are an insurance fraud situation on your hands... not a good idea to be in possession of something like that.
    True. Nvm. I wont do it and let him wait til i get the pre3 and give him my pre2.
    Blackberry 7100t> Moto Q> LG Dare> Blackberry Storm> Moto Droid> Moto Droid2> Palm Pre+> Palm Pre2
    We don't discuss defrauding insurance companies on the P|C forums.

<<closed>>