1.    #1  
    I have decided to upgrade from my Pre- to a Sprint Pre 2 seeing how there is no word on a Sprint Pre 3. Can someone please tell me what a good price I should expect to pay on a Pre 2. I saw that I can order one directly from HP but it is $400+. Where can I get one cheaper?

Thank you!
    You can try and get a developer coupon for $200 off or if you're lucky, get it for free!

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    W370 -> 3500c -> Instinct ->Pre -> Legend -> Pre 2 -> Bold 9900 -> iPhone 4 -> iPhone 5 -> HP Pre 3
    Rogers -> Fido -> Bell Mobility ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------->
    I would say ~$200 is a good price. They still appear to be in that range on ebay. Plus if you get it for less than I paid, I will be ticked! :-)
    Quote Originally Posted by jimijames View Post
    I would say ~$200 is a good price. They still appear to be in that range on ebay. Plus if you get it for less than I paid, I will be ticked! :-)
    i also am going this route....i got the E-mail from HP for a coupon but still waiting for the application....this will be my secound time trying to get a coupon...

@jim are you saying you paid less than two hundred for a pre 2???
    I paid $150 for Pre2, Touchstone, Leather care, Car charger. But I know people. Lol. 300$ would be a good price including touchstoneV1 check craigslist and kijiji and ebay.
    Definitely check Ebay as they always have someone selling it for a cheap price.. I got my palm pre 2 for for $175 brand new on ebay.
    I got lucky and found one on craigslist for $140.
    Twitter: dullgeek
    i paid 180 with a touchstone on craigslist.
    i got a new unlocked one with touchstone and case for $275 with 2 day shipping on here
    @agentmock

Audiovox SMT5600 (WM) --> Cingular 8125 (WM) --> Sprint Mogul 8525 (WM) --> Palm Pre (webOS)- --> Sprint Franken Pre2 (webOS) + 32gb Touchpad (webOS)
    Quote Originally Posted by kataran View Post
    i also am going this route....i got the E-mail from HP for a coupon but still waiting for the application....this will be my secound time trying to get a coupon...

@jim are you saying you paid less than two hundred for a pre 2???
    No, mine was $220 after shipping. Got it from hp with dev coupon. I tried for a while, but was never able to find anything under $200.
    Are we talking frankenpre?? or am i and *****. What Sprint Pre 2??
    Quote Originally Posted by Nshave8881 View Post
    Are we talking frankenpre?? or am i and *****. What Sprint Pre 2??
    franken pre2
    @agentmock

Audiovox SMT5600 (WM) --> Cingular 8125 (WM) --> Sprint Mogul 8525 (WM) --> Palm Pre (webOS)- --> Sprint Franken Pre2 (webOS) + 32gb Touchpad (webOS)
    ok. seriously how hard is it???? I'm eventually going to have to go that route once mine dies. and i get the money. Just spent 800 on a touchpad and accessories. prolly gonna be a while.
    Global Posts
    163 Global Posts
    In the UK you can buy them new for about 130 which works out as $210.
  15.    #15  
    ok. seriously how hard is it???? I'm eventually going to have to go that route once mine dies. and i get the money. Just spent 800 on a touchpad and accessories. prolly gonna be a while.
    I plan on using WebOS World (Device Services | WebOS World) for mine. I don't want to mess anything up myself. I've inquired about WebOS World from some devs and they are reputable and are recommended.

Thanks for all of the help everyone!
    I grabbed a broken Sprint pre off ebay for $1 and practiced taking it apart and putting it together a couple times. Not too hard... I would say the hardest part is disconnecting and reconnecting the keyboard bezel. I don't like voiding the warranty on the pre2, but with Sprint I'm on my own now anyway when it comes to tech support.

I'm doctoring my pre2 to 2.1 (still verizon) now as I type to practice working with the webos internals scripts... I am actually enjoying Ubuntu and the scripts make updating a breeze

If you are not comfortable with either of these steps, then I would definitely go the WebOS World route. Good luck!
  17.    #17  
    UPDATE-

I found a Pre 2 on Craigslist for $150. Comes with a Touchstone! Everyone said expect to pay $200 so I'm assuming this is a great deal. Thanks for the help everyone!

Good bye Pre-, hello Sprint Pre 2!!!