Global Posts
    15 Global Posts
    hello i reveived my new unlocked pre 2 yesterday and something has happened and now i cant make calls from the contacts list or from the dialler, and when someone phones me the ringer doesnt ring and i get a missed call notification. and when i press callback nothing happens. i was messing installing patches and stuff and i dont know if that has caused the problem. does anyone know how i remedy the problem. its an unlocked uk pre2 by the way.
    Which patches? Did you install a call blocking patch?
    Touchscreens are a fad.
    Global Posts
    15 Global Posts
    ok a switch off and restart seems to have fixed it.

no i didnt install a call blocking patch so wonder what caused it.
    Global Posts
    15 Global Posts
    phone app is now fixed but since the restart i no longer have a lock screen.
    Global Posts
    489 Global Posts
    I had this problem with my franken pre2 a few weeks ago. Turn out it was a google issue since my phone was google voice integrated through Sprint.

Assuming that you had previously ported your Sprint number to google voice!

FIX: Call sprint and have then remove the google integration from your phone. Then GO to Google voice and remove the google integration on that account. Wait 30 minutes and reactive google voice integration.
    Global Posts
    15 Global Posts
    its an uk unlocked pre2 and im in the uk, thanks anyway navinag.
    Global Posts
    15 Global Posts
    ok the call making problem is back and i have now noticed that it wont make calls to any number in my contacts (whether direct from the contacts list or if i input the number manually in the dialler). but i can make calls from the dialler to numbers that are not in my contacts list.
    anyone know what the problem and fix for this is?
    Global Posts
    15 Global Posts
    ok im in the process of doing a reset and it has been going on for 90 mins now,how long does it take?
    Global Posts
    893 Global Posts
    Ι had a similar or the same problem. I could not make calls (only the 555) and others would call and I would just have an unanswered call notification (no ring, no nothing). I don't remember doing any specific, just restarting a few times.
    Sorry I can't help you more, but it returned to normal. I'm not sure if I uninstalled anything.
    There is possibly some corrupt data in your phone's GSM settings. This gets backed up to your Palm profile as well so even if you do a full or partial erase it keeps coming back to haunt your phone. I am not sure exactly what triggers it and if this is caused by a patch but I suspect it does. I had the same problem a few months ago and got rid of the issue by doing the following:

Go to the last page in launcher "System" -> "Backup" Move the slider from "on" to "off". It will give you a warning that the back up in your palm profile will be deleted. Confirm that. This will give you a clean profile to start with.

Now go to "Device Info" -> "Reset Options" -> third option in red color "Erase Apps & Data".

After device reboots enter only your Palm profile username and password. Do not enter data for individual accounts. After Pre has restarted confirm if all is well. Try making/receiving phone calls. If it looks good then go to "Accounts" and set up your individual accounts for contacts, email, calender, etc.

Hopefully this helps.

I had a similar problem but I was not able to pinpoint exactly what caused it. I suspect it was in someway related to the "Advanced Preferences" framework and settings in the Phone screen. It did something which my GSM service provider did not like. After rebooting people would call me and I would not see any ringing or notification on screen. But after they hung up I would immediately get a missed call notification. I was also unable to make calls. I would reach the phone dial up screen but the number would not dial. If I pressed the green phone icon it did nothing. After a few experiments I finally did the above procedure and it sorted itself out. But I am staying away from the consolidated "Advanced......" series of patches for the time being.

Oh and of course if nothing works there's always the webOS Doctor option. But before you resort to that try the above suggestion as its less cumbersome and time consuming.
    HS Visor + GSM Module -> Treo 180 -> 270 -> 270LE -> 600 -> 650 -> 680 -> Pre"-" -> Pre 2

TP & Pre 3-> still looking for them
    Global Posts
    15 Global Posts
    thank god it is sorted now had to doctor it as it wasnt doing anything.
    Quote Originally Posted by indup View Post
    thank god it is sorted now had to doctor it as it wasnt doing anything.
    What was the solution - just the doctor?
    Global Posts
    15 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Unclevanya View Post
    What was the solution - just the doctor?
    yes the screen was on the glowing "palm" logo and wouldnt change from that no matter what i tried. so i did a full os install via doctor.

so do you guys recommend staying away from any/all of the advanced patches?
    Quote Originally Posted by indup View Post
    so do you guys recommend staying away from any/all of the advanced patches?
    Glad to hear your Pre's back to life.

Just to be sure as to what really caused the trouble I would (and did) experiment with the Advanced patches again. There are probably hundreds of users here who would swear by the usefulness of this patch so please do not go by my experience which could be unique.

In my case I stayed away because I think the Advanced Phone patch does not play nice with my GSM service provider. After restoring my Pre to normalcy I actually re-installed the patch and observed the same odd behaviour of non-responsive screen in Phone preferences after patch installation. Phone not being able to get network status related to call forwarding, etc. and eventually the same problem of not being able to make/receive calls repeated itself. I then had to repeat the same process as described above to set things right.

But like I said that was my experience. You may not have had this as a cause for your woes in the first place. If you want to be sure the only way is to jump into the patchy waters again ;-)
    HS Visor + GSM Module -> Treo 180 -> 270 -> 270LE -> 600 -> 650 -> 680 -> Pre"-" -> Pre 2

Global Posts
    15 Global Posts
    just to make sure if i experiment with the advanced patches again and the problems appear again, will a simple removal(uninstall) of the patch restore my phone to normal working order? i wont have to do a full doctor again will i?
    I avoided doctoring.

- Switched off back up.
    - Did a full erase.
    - Logged back into my profile but skipped restoring individual Synergy accounts.
    - After reboot setup each account (email, contacts, calender, etc.) manually.

Back in business.

Global Posts
    15 Global Posts
    so treo are you saying that by simply removing the patch didn't return your device back to normal (ie. same as before you installed the patch) you had to go through the steps you gave above?
    Yes. Just removing the patch did not bring the phone features back to normal. I had to follow the steps listed above.

Global Posts
    15 Global Posts
    ok thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by treo_knight View Post
    Glad to hear your Pre's back to life.

Just to be sure as to what really caused the trouble I would (and did) experiment with the Advanced patches again. There are probably hundreds of users here who would swear by the usefulness of this patch so please do not go by my experience which could be unique.

In my case I stayed away because I think the Advanced Phone patch does not play nice with my GSM service provider. After restoring my Pre to normalcy I actually re-installed the patch and observed the same odd behaviour of non-responsive screen in Phone preferences after patch installation. Phone not being able to get network status related to call forwarding, etc. and eventually the same problem of not being able to make/receive calls repeated itself. I then had to repeat the same process as described above to set things right.

But like I said that was my experience. You may not have had this as a cause for your woes in the first place. If you want to be sure the only way is to jump into the patchy waters again ;-)
    oh shoot, you are totally right! I probably shouldn't have spent the train ride willy nilly installing advanced patches - what a stupid move. ha!

Thanks! I was having a heart attack..
    --
    Rudra
    follow me on twitter - twitter.com/rudra_banerji