1.    #1  
    I just got a Pre 2, I added Skype as one of the accounts and signed in. Now What? I'm not receiving any Skype im's. I went into the messenger app and I show as online and that I'm available to get Skype im's from anyone. But still nothing coming through.

I know that it's against everything about synergy, but I really wish Skype wasn't baked into the OS, I wish Skype was a separate app.
  2.    #2  
    Is this Skype feature for audio only? Is it just for calling? I really only need it for the IM capabilities.
    same idea for chat. The skype messages are part of the messaging app. If anyone wants to chat, their skype messages to you will show up in the messaging app. Has anyone tried to send you a message?
    Last edited by Cantaffordit; 07/14/2011 at 04:16 PM.
  4.    #4  
    Been getting Skype messages all day on my computer, but nothing coming to my phones im. I open up the messaging app, and I am set as available. I did receive a Skype call from a contact so I know that works fine. I'm just frustrated with this Skype IM.
    Is there voice call Skype feature for the Pre2 on Verizon?
    Sent from my slowly diminishing intellect

I'm just a soul who's intentions are good...oh Lord, please don't let me be misunderstood!

Quote Originally Posted by Rockbeast View Post
    Is there voice call Skype feature for the Pre2 on Verizon?
    Yes there is a Voice call Skype feature called Skype Mobile I cut/paste my other answer in the other post also in this one.

Skype is not an App for webOS but a synergy plugin...

For Verizon webOS 2.1.0, Skype Mobile is part of the carrier apps of which only work on the Verizon Data network (it is also backwards compatible with the Verizon PrePlus running webOS 2.1.0 (build 284 or 285).

For WR/ROW or meta doctored Verizon webOS 2.2.4, Skype is updated to Direct Skype, which again is not an app but a synergy connector, also it works over WiFi or a carrier data network.

Both add a contact plugin, im, voice (but no video) calls.

You use the phone app for calls, contacts for the contacts and messaging for ims.
    SO if I want to be able to use my Pre2 to make a Skype phone call back home and I'm in another country, I need to metadoctor my phone to 2.2.4 so I can do it on a wifi network? And of course I need to have some money in my skype account.
    Sent from my slowly diminishing intellect

I'm just a soul who's intentions are good...oh Lord, please don't let me be misunderstood!

Quote Originally Posted by Rockbeast View Post
    SO if I want to be able to use my Pre2 to make a Skype phone call back home and I'm in another country, I need to metadoctor my phone to 2.2.4 so I can do it on a wifi network? And of course I need to have some money in my skype account.
    Correct if one wants to Skype over WiFi on a Pre2, the only build is the WR/ROW doctor which has a meta doctor script for Verizon, of which there are two, a test-verizon-pre2-2.2.4 which just takes the WR build removes the UMTS firmware and replaces it with CDMA firmware, or the super-verizon-pre2-2.2.4, which is as close to a Verizon doctor I can make it.