Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Like Tree13Likes
  1.    #1  
    THIS THING IS SICK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am just wowed.

HUGE props to webos internals! You made my month!

Im sure Ive still got bugs to work out and Ive gotta put patches and all that jazz back (which I'll do tomorrow sometime)

But the SPEED, SMOOTHNESS, glass screen is EPIC. Thing is friggin FAST STOCK.

I cant say enough right now.

(can you tell Ive been using a launch pre- since launch?!)
    @agentmock

Audiovox SMT5600 (WM) --> Cingular 8125 (WM) --> Sprint Mogul 8525 (WM) --> Palm Pre (webOS)- --> Sprint Franken Pre2 (webOS) + 32gb Touchpad (webOS)
    did you use a gsm pre 2 or or a verizon. I have a gsm and dont think its too fast
  3.    #3  
    gsm. it blows my 800mhz oc'd pre- out of the water 10x's no doubt.
    @agentmock

Audiovox SMT5600 (WM) --> Cingular 8125 (WM) --> Sprint Mogul 8525 (WM) --> Palm Pre (webOS)- --> Sprint Franken Pre2 (webOS) + 32gb Touchpad (webOS)
    It launches apps in a timely manner, except for facebook and quick office. It is fast enough so I dont have to over clock although I am tempted to overclock just for fun.

A funny thing though, I like to see the animation, if its too fast I would miss that, probably. But yes I agree frankenpre is pretty smooth, yet to see too many cards error.
    Quote Originally Posted by 65fastback View Post
    the SPEED, SMOOTHNESS, glass screen is EPIC. Thing is friggin FAST STOCK.
    That's pretty darn close immitation of my reaction, too.
    Twitter: dullgeek
    Global Posts
    24 Global Posts
    any advice on where to get a cheap Pre 2? I'm on sprint with my original Pre-.

ebay?

GSM or Verizon? Thanks
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by crollner View Post

ebay?

GSM or Verizon? Thanks
    ebay or here. you can use either.
    @agentmock

Quote Originally Posted by crollner View Post

ebay?

GSM or Verizon? Thanks
    I was able to snag a brand new Verizon unit on Craigslist for $220. If you live in a major metropolitan area, and have a little patience, one might pop up there for less than they're going for on eBay. Or wait for a "bad ESN" Pre 2 on eBay - those go for less, and you won't be using the ESN anyway.
    what do you mean faster? How those the browser work? Is it faster on pre 2?
    Quote Originally Posted by rigo0523 View Post
    what do you mean faster? How those the browser work? Is it faster on pre 2?
    faster meaning load time ... no waiting really.. i mean theres more like a 2sec wait maybe less for apps to load..

taps register faster.. apps pop up faster etc..

http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...ifference.html
    fxspec06 likes this.
    I'm heavily thinking of buying a pre for $350 and have already gone through all the steps. But if I get a VERIZON, is there an official update to 2.1 now without having to meta doctor?
    Quote Originally Posted by rigo0523 View Post
    I'm heavily thinking of buying a pre for $350 and have already gone through all the steps. But if I get a VERIZON, is there an official update to 2.1 now without having to meta doctor?
    no.. not yet unfortunately :/
    then y are there threads saying verizon released 2.1? So the only way I don't have to meta doctor is by getting the Gsm?
    Quote Originally Posted by mu7efcer View Post
    That's pretty darn close immitation of my reaction, too.
    cool sig phone line-up dude

congrads...fastback...i see now that you can use either a Verizon or unlocked GSM
    65fastback likes this.
  15. gbp
    Global Posts
    2,543 Global Posts
    I have been resisting. This thread made confident. The issue is should I wait for Pre 3 ? A franken Pre 3 would be fun.
    Get F14 kernel for 1.4GHZ overclock
    Quote Originally Posted by gbp View Post
    I have been resisting. This thread made confident. The issue is should I wait for Pre 3 ? A franken Pre 3 would be fun.
    Rod Whitby has posted that the physical characteristics of the Pre3 would not support a franken pre3, the comms board from a sprint pre will not fit into the pre3. He seems like someone who would know.
    Twitter: dullgeek
  18.    #18  
    Quote Originally Posted by gbp View Post
    if/when the pre comes out and could be franken-pre-ed....then you can do that then. (which rod already said it will be impossible tho)

might as well rock a pre2 until then

Quote Originally Posted by kill_Dano View Post
    Get F14 kernel for 1.4GHZ overclock
    think imma do f104...its been getting better praise
    @agentmock

So yah, I Sprintified my Pre 2 last night from my old Pre-, and like everyone else on this thread, I'm ecstatic. I should've done this a long time ago!

One thing I experienced, though, that may be helpful to someone - I didn't delete my Palm Profile backup information, and then when I tried to sign into my Profile after the 2.1 upgrade, it wouldn't let me. I was just about to go back to 1.4.5 and delete Profile backups, but then I decided to reboot and give it one more shot. And it worked! I was able to sign in, and all of my information was restored. Phew!
    65fastback likes this.
    hey kappy. Did you get a verizon or unlocked? And what about the NAVIGATION system, is it there after you sprintify it?
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast