Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree13Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by rigo0523 View Post
    hey kappy. Did you get a verizon or unlocked? And what about the NAVIGATION system, is it there after you sprintify it?
    Navigation wont be there. This goes for all sprint apps.
    I remember I managed to get NAVIGATION agaiin after 2.1 in pre- before with a few instructions. I'm sure you can do the same on ur frankenpre2 no?
    Quote Originally Posted by laingman View Post
    Navigation wont be there. This goes for all sprint apps.
    No, it's not there, and I was under the impression that it wouldn't work. On the WebOS 2 Upgrade instructions (WebOS 2 Upgrade - WebOS Internals), it says this:

Be aware that there is no publicly available solution for Sprint Navigation or Sprint PRL Update for this procedure. If you depend on either of those things, you should not upgrade to webOS 2.x

If rigo0523 was able to get it working under 2.1, this is news to me. Perhaps I should try it out...
    yes I had 2.1 on my pre- before and I would not doctor it if I knew I couldn't get my NAVIGATION. I forgot where the link is. Let me look for it
    here is the link...

http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pre-pre-plus/276961-anyone-get-sprint-nav-working-2-1-0-a.html

With that you can get NAVIGATION on ur frankenpre2 or ur pre- with 2.1
    here is the link...

With that you can get NAVIGATION on ur frankenpre2 or ur pre- with 2.1
    I just tried it, and holy crap it works!!! To reiterate, I now have Sprint Navigation (and also Amazon MP3) working on my Sprint FrankenPre2. Thanks for the tip! Man, I love this community...
    that's nice, if you can say ur experience with it, that would be nice
    Oh crap that is tight....i need to look into this Franken Pre2
  9.    #49  
    Quote Originally Posted by darkzone View Post
    Oh crap that is tight....i need to look into this Franken Pre2
    doooooo eeeetttttttt
    @agentmock

Audiovox SMT5600 (WM) --> Cingular 8125 (WM) --> Sprint Mogul 8525 (WM) --> Palm Pre (webOS)- --> Sprint Franken Pre2 (webOS) + 32gb Touchpad (webOS)
    I just finished mine last night, it was a painful night of things not working like they said they would and then things just fell into place. I got it working, I got the Sprint NAV working, I have the data working, flash working and the night ended up being worth it as I have my Pre2 running on the S Network and things are freaking quick on this phone!!!

NO MORE TO MANY CARDS ERROR!

I also donated money to those developers that put together the tools needed and recommend others that successfully switched theirs to do the same to help out those that have helped us!
  11.    #51  
    Quote Originally Posted by ttoepp71 View Post
    I just finished mine last night, it was a painful night of things not working like they said they would and then things just fell into place. I got it working, I got the Sprint NAV working, I have the data working, flash working and the night ended up being worth it as I have my Pre2 running on the S Network and things are freaking quick on this phone!!!
    yup. it was a good bit of work. took me about 4.5 hours first time....but I got it right the first time, just took my time setting thing up, rereading over and over, etc.
    @agentmock

Audiovox SMT5600 (WM) --> Cingular 8125 (WM) --> Sprint Mogul 8525 (WM) --> Palm Pre (webOS)- --> Sprint Franken Pre2 (webOS) + 32gb Touchpad (webOS)
    Quote Originally Posted by 65fastback View Post
    yup. it was a good bit of work. took me about 4.5 hours first time....but I got it right the first time, just took my time setting thing up, rereading over and over, etc.
    Well stumble #1 was finding a T5 screwdriver...I would have thought Radio Shack would have one, but the lowest they went was T6, but found a Husky kit @ HopeDepot for $6. The hardware swap, no problems with it. Stumble #2-#11 was the software, that was the frustrating part but got it finally and glad that I got it working. Definately allot of reboots for sure!

My battery life is freaking unreal! Its near the end of the workday and I've got 78% of my battery life left! I've had WiFi on most of the day and I'm very very happy that I'm not having to charge it on the way home like I normally do to make it till the end of the night. Like others have said, its like a brand new toy!
  13.    #53  
    Quote Originally Posted by ttoepp71 View Post
    My battery life is freaking unreal! Its near the end of the workday and I've got 78% of my battery life left! I've had WiFi on most of the day and I'm very very happy that I'm not having to charge it on the way home like I normally do to make it till the end of the night. Like others have said, its like a brand new toy!
    mine was like that for the first 4 days....now its about the same as my pre was

i took it off the TS @ 11:25....Ive gotten a few texts...few emails...surfed the web for about 15-20 minutes....its 4:50 and im at 70%
    @agentmock

14. gbp
    Global Posts
    2,543 Global Posts
    I am still resisting, Can't live without the Pre -.
    The PRL update is another issue.
    Global Posts
    63 Global Posts
    Why is the PRL update an issue?
  16. gbp
    Global Posts
    2,543 Global Posts
    I heard you cannot do the PRL update on franken Pre2
    Global Posts
    63 Global Posts
    You can't, but why is that an issue?
  18. gbp
    Global Posts
    2,543 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mh262 View Post
    You can't, but why is that an issue?
    The roaming list includes newly added or removed towers.Sprint keeps upgrading or adding towers. I might not be able to update them on my phone without PRL.
    that's nice, if you can say ur experience with it, that would be nice
    Haven't been in my car again until this morning, and I finally got a chance to test out Sprint Nav... I'm going to say that it works better than it ever did on my Pre-. The GPS seems to acquire quicker. Actually, I avoided using Nav on my old Pre- because it was so unreliable in getting a GPS lock. Maybe I just had a bad Pre, I don't know. But I read someone else in this forum observing a difference in Pre 2 GPS performance. Man, this phone just ain't lettin me down!
    Ok so it's confirmed that Sprint Nav works on a franken pre 2.

Now other sprint apps I'm interested in.
    - free tether / mobile hotspot - a must - does this work?

Also nice to haves
    - Sprint TV
    - Sprint radio

Will these still work? I don't use it a lot but it's nice to have them.

Oh and most important of all, NASCAR app. Ok, I kid... I kid...
    Last edited by laoh; 07/21/2011 at 11:18 PM.
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast