Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree13Likes
  1.    #21  
    Quote Originally Posted by kappykirk View Post
    So yah, I Sprintified my Pre 2 last night from my old Pre-, and like everyone else on this thread, I'm ecstatic. I should've done this a long time ago!

One thing I experienced, though, that may be helpful to someone - I didn't delete my Palm Profile backup information, and then when I tried to sign into my Profile after the 2.1 upgrade, it wouldn't let me. I was just about to go back to 1.4.5 and delete Profile backups, but then I decided to reboot and give it one more shot. And it worked! I was able to sign in, and all of my information was restored. Phew!
    I didnt delete mine either and it took without issue.
    @agentmock

Audiovox SMT5600 (WM) --> Cingular 8125 (WM) --> Sprint Mogul 8525 (WM) --> Palm Pre (webOS)- --> Sprint Franken Pre2 (webOS) + 32gb Touchpad (webOS)
  2. gbp
    Global Posts
    2,543 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 65fastback View Post
    if/when the pre comes out and could be franken-pre-ed....then you can do that then. (which rod already said it will be impossible tho)

might as well rock a pre2 until then

think imma do f104...its been getting better praise
    I have an issue with the Pre2 which is activated in UK for the first time. Didn't realize that HP locks your App Catalog to the country of Activation , first time. So my app catalog shows apps in Pounds. I have an open ticket with HP on this issue and its not looking nice so far.

Did your PALM profile worked fine on the franken-Pre ? I am afraid HP will mess my profile with this UK activated Pre2.
  3.    #23  
    Quote Originally Posted by gbp View Post
    Did your PALM profile worked fine on the franken-Pre ? I am afraid HP will mess my profile with this UK activated Pre2.
    worked fine for me
    @agentmock

Audiovox SMT5600 (WM) --> Cingular 8125 (WM) --> Sprint Mogul 8525 (WM) --> Palm Pre (webOS)- --> Sprint Franken Pre2 (webOS) + 32gb Touchpad (webOS)
  4. gbp
    Global Posts
    2,543 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 65fastback View Post
    worked fine for me
    cool, so no problrms . I am still going strong on my Pre-
    does a UK pre 2 work well for a frankenpre2 on sprint?
    Quote Originally Posted by rigo0523 View Post
    hey kappy. Did you get a verizon or unlocked? And what about the NAVIGATION system, is it there after you sprintify it?
    It's the Verizon one. And no, none of the Sprint apps show up after the 2.1 install. I believe you can find the .ipk files for them and get them installed (I'm going to try this for Amazon MP3, which I use), but sadly, Sprint Navigation won't work. I believe it never will, unless Sprint releases a WebOS 2.x device. It's a shame, but I feel that the tradeoff is worth it for such a rockin' device!
    oh I used to have 2.1 on my old pre-(still does by the way) and I managed to install the navigation system from verizon. So after 2.1 on a pre2 I can do it the same way and install the verizon navigation system just the same way? I really never used sprints applications anyway, just the navigation.
  8.    #28  
    Quote Originally Posted by rigo0523 View Post
    does a UK pre 2 work well for a frankenpre2 on sprint?
    it should
    @agentmock

it just means that if I get a UK pre 2 I gotts take the radio off and the back bezzel as well. Correct me if I'm wrong
    Quote Originally Posted by crollner View Post
    any advice on where to get a cheap Pre 2? I'm on sprint with my original Pre-.

ebay?

GSM or Verizon? Thanks
    Craigslist! You might get lucky like I did.
    I don't see any pre2s on craigslist for Chicago :/
    I just bought mine last week and should arrive on Monday. Looking forward to getting everything setup and switched over. Sounds like those that have done it have been happy and since HP/Sprint can't acknowledge or deny the Pre3 is coming to Sprint I want to replace my launch day Pre- that I've had the same one since that day. I was feeling depressed because I tried an EPIC for a week and couldn't enjoy it as much as the WebOS.

One question I have for those that have made the switch, do you notice any improvement in data speed when browsing the web? I'm guessing because you are swapping radio you are removing the 3G ability?!?
  13.    #33  
    Quote Originally Posted by ttoepp71 View Post
    One question I have for those that have made the switch, do you notice any improvement in data speed when browsing the web? I'm guessing because you are swapping radio you are removing the 3G ability?!?
    no, you keep 3g

fwiw, my web browsing feels SIGNIFICANTLY faster because the phone is able to render the phone quicker
    @agentmock

Yah, browsing is way faster than on my Pre- due to page render performance. I also noticed that wi-fi signal strength is greatly improved. I mean, I haven't done any hard benchmarks, but the indicator gives me more "bars"... Does the Pre 2 have a different wi-fi chipset than the original Pre?
    yea does it have a different wi-fi chipset headset? I'm waiting on the pre 3. Once I hear it's NOT coming to the SPRINT I will be buying a pre 2 no matter the cost. I just want as much info as possible on the advantages of the pre 2 vs the pre-
    Quote Originally Posted by crollner View Post
    any advice on where to get a cheap Pre 2? I'm on sprint with my original Pre-.

ebay?

GSM or Verizon? Thanks
    I see one on Craigslist LA right now for $175:
    Palm Pre 2 Never Used - VZW

Of course, you've gotta be local, unless you can talk the dude into mailing it...
    Question can you use Sprint Navigation on FrankenPre?????
    Global Posts
    63 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by darkzone View Post
    I don't see it anywhere on the phone. I use Google maps for navigation anyway so I'm fine with it.
    Quote Originally Posted by darkzone View Post
    I've installed sprint nav onto my overclocked sprint pre minus when i meta-doctored it to 2.1, so I think you should be able to do the same with the FrankenPre as well...
    So she asked: "What is it with you? Is it ignorance, or is it apathy? And I answered: "I don't know and I don't care."
    can you do it the same way on a pre 2 and install Sprint NAV?
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast