1.    #1  
    Ok here's the fast version...
    My VZW P+ had 'e' key issues, and was Out of warranty. After 3 calls and a trip to the store, I managed haggle a little, and then was able to get one off their website free after the rebate, with my New Every 2 discount and unlimited data plan intact. Cool, right? Well, so I thought. I can still wait for the P3 (if), with no harm done. I thought the slowness and such was a hardware issue, but now wonder. Yes the P2 is fast, when it's fast, but there are times...
    The 2 has moments where it just STOPS dead cold, for about 15-20 seconds, and I don't know what that's about. When the P+ did that I was convinced it was busy doing background network stuff and had priority set wrong. But now I wonder, maybe it's something else, cause the P2 does it, and worse. Maybe my profile is corrupt. It hangs when an app finishes loading (glowing), just before it starts, and hangs random other times. But what's new is that it hangs in the middle of apps (sucks for games). My Plus NEVER did that. The reticle stays on the screen for 15-20seconds, then it catches up with itself. And yes, all the profile updates and downloads are done. I am culling all the software that is unneeded or just won't work with 2.x. I don't have it in dev mode or any patches at all yet.

Thank you in advance.
    the 2.1 update should solve things. That's why we keep crabbing at vzw to get it released.

I f you have lots of email accounts that check often, that seems to be the biggest cause. Also it hesitates after sending a text message.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    the 2.1 update should solve things. That's why we keep crabbing at vzw to get it released.

I f you have lots of email accounts that check often, that seems to be the biggest cause. Also it hesitates after sending a text message.
    I have an unlocked Pre2 with 2.1. I have to say that as much as I love webOS and the fact that the Pre2 is blazing fast when I compare it to my old Pre- there are times when it just daydreams. Sometimes the "unlock" button does not respond. At other times the touchscreen does not seen to respond. If you press 3-4 times when it comes back to life after 10-15 seconds it suddenly executes a number of unintentioned screen presses.

I believe a lot of these maybe related to email background check as I firmly believe that the mail client in webOS 2 is very poorly implemented and laggy even when compared to 1.4.5 But I have just 2 accounts and at times there are no messages pending but the day dreaming behaviour still persists.
    HS Visor + GSM Module -> Treo 180 -> 270 -> 270LE -> 600 -> 650 -> 680 -> Pre"-" -> Pre 2

TP & Pre 3-> still looking for them
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by treo_knight View Post
    I have an unlocked Pre2 with 2.1. I have to say that as much as I love webOS and the fact that the Pre2 is blazing fast when I compare it to my old Pre- there are times when it just daydreams. Sometimes the "unlock" button does not respond. At other times the touchscreen does not seen to respond. If you press 3-4 times when it comes back to life after 10-15 seconds it suddenly executes a number of unintentioned screen presses.

I believe a lot of these maybe related to email background check as I firmly believe that the mail client in webOS 2 is very poorly implemented and laggy even when compared to 1.4.5 But I have just 2 accounts and at times there are no messages pending but the day dreaming behaviour still persists.
    If it still daydreams with 2.1, that's not cool. Not at all. My old Pre+ Did the "daydream" thing (an accurate name for it), but never EVER this bad. Apps never stopped cold. You'd think there'd be a way to scale the priority of the network accessing/processes based on what the user happens to be doing at the time. ALL computers have this issue, MacOS, Windows. They all will hang up while it's background processing. But there are TONS of times the phones in my pocket. "Hey it's been idle for 2 minutes, AND the screen is off. No programs running now we can go check the mail."
    Last edited by copasetic; 07/14/2011 at 09:29 AM. Reason: typos
    scary words i'm hearing....about to jump from my bullet proof...yes i said bullet proof pre- fully patched overclocked and never been doctored in the 15 months i've had it....but she is falling apart and if i'm going to get a new phone i want the pre 2....

e-mail has always been a frustration in my experience but nothing i couldn't live with....if my pre daydreamed i usally would just join it....but i don't want app problems...
    Your Pre 2 should not be doing that. Sometimes, we have found that the Pre 2 gets it's cpu locked at 300 mhz. Download Govnah from Preware and see what the speed is.
    Quote Originally Posted by gapost View Post
    Your Pre 2 should not be doing that. Sometimes, we have found that the Pre 2 gets it's cpu locked at 300 mhz. Download Govnah from Preware and see what the speed is.
    Copasetic, I would tend to agree with above post. After posting in your thread reminded it reminded me that I am not very happy about living with a day dreaming Pre2. I did check Govnah and it showed me the usual frequency but then I decided to take the overclocking plunge. Follow Rod's instructions on WebOS internals to activate the test feeds for overclocking a Pre2 to show up in Preware. I then picked the F104A kernel as it seems to have favourable feedback and only OC's from 1 to 1.1 Ghz. Installed the kernal. Saw some pretty scary looking text scrolling up my screen for a minute or so as the kernel was re-written after a reboot. At the end of it all my Pre2 was absolutely smooth as silk. Whenever I go to check in Govnah I still see frequency at 300 Mhz but I can see the frequency graph has its spikes so its obviously taking up the slack when needed. Have to say I'm a happy camper for now.

I am now monitoring the effect if any that the OC kernel may have on battery life.
    HS Visor + GSM Module -> Treo 180 -> 270 -> 270LE -> 600 -> 650 -> 680 -> Pre"-" -> Pre 2

TP & Pre 3-> still looking for them