1.    #1  
    My Sprint Pre is in rough shape and I do not want to dump webOS for a new phone. Where did you guys get your unlocked Pre2 and what can I expect to pay for one? Thanks.
    bought it from ebuyer UK for 131 GBP with free delivery.
    I also got it for eBay, but paid three times as much (including delivery to Australia).
    Got a Verizon pre2 from HP with the help of a developer coupon... $220ish shipped (U.S.). I tried ebay for a while, but pre2's would always get bid up over $200, so I figured a new phone for slightly more would be better. Now I just need to find some free time to do the Sprint conversion.
    If you want it on Sprint you need to create a FrankenPre. Buy a Pre2, swap the comms board from your current Pre-, metadoctor a new OS on it.

By all accounts it's not that hard. but if your nervious WebOSWorld will do it for you for a small fee.

Sprint Pre "2-ing" Service To Follow on the heels of the Plussing Service! | WebOS World
  6.    #6  
    That was my plan hagster, thanks. Now I just need to find a 2 for as little cabbage as possible.
    Just buy a UK Pre 2, because you will be using the radio from your Sprint Pre. I think it will work.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    W370 -> 3500c -> Instinct ->Pre -> Legend -> Pre 2 -> Bold 9900 -> iPhone 4 -> iPhone 5 -> HP Pre 3
    Rogers -> Fido -> Bell Mobility ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------->
    Quote Originally Posted by jimijames View Post
    Got a Verizon pre2 from HP with the help of a developer coupon... $220ish shipped (U.S.)
    This
    Current: Palm Pre 2
    History: [Palm] Pre Plus - [IOS] iPhone 3GS, iPhone 3G - [Blackberry] Pearl 8120, Storm 9530, Bold 9000, Bold 9700, Torch 9800 - [WP7] HTC HD7S - [WM] HTC Fuze - [Android] HTC Aria
  9.    #9  
    Developer coupons hard to come by for non-developers?
    bought one off here
    @agentmock

Audiovox SMT5600 (WM) --> Cingular 8125 (WM) --> Sprint Mogul 8525 (WM) --> Palm Pre (webOS)- --> Sprint Franken Pre2 (webOS) + 32gb Touchpad (webOS)
    Global Posts
    956 Global Posts
    Brand new Pre2 with touchstone from ebay for 260 shipped - wish I had a dev coupon ;-)
    I got mine off the VZW website, free after rebate. Since they weren't going to fix my 5th Plus I decided it was an offer I couldn't refuse, lol.
    Quote Originally Posted by marclh1992 View Post
    Just buy a UK Pre 2, because you will be using the radio from your Sprint Pre. I think it will work.
    Yes it will, but as the UK Pre2 is GSM and Sprint is CDMA, the OP will also have to take the backbezel from his sprint pre-, as it has an antenna that's optimized for CDMA. The UK Pre2 will have an antenna optimized for GSM.
    Twitter: dullgeek
    Quote Originally Posted by jtcm05 View Post
    Developer coupons hard to come by for non-developers?
    You need to email someone at HP and they decide whether to give you a coupon based on their interaction with you. If you straight up tell them you are not a developer, I suspect they would say no. If there is a slight chance you would want to develop something they might cut you some slack.

Here's the link --> new developer program. In my opinion, it doesn't hurt to ask.
    Quote Originally Posted by mu7efcer View Post
    Yes it will, but as the UK Pre2 is GSM and Sprint is CDMA, the OP will also have to take the backbezel from his sprint pre-, as it has an antenna that's optimized for CDMA. The UK Pre2 will have an antenna optimized for GSM.
    Touche, I forgot about the antenna's...

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    W370 -> 3500c -> Instinct ->Pre -> Legend -> Pre 2 -> Bold 9900 -> iPhone 4 -> iPhone 5 -> HP Pre 3
    Rogers -> Fido -> Bell Mobility ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------->
    I noticed the UK pre 2s are cheaper. So if I live in the USA and have a sprint pre - can I buy a pre 2 from UK and turn it into a frankenpre2? Has anyone done this by buying a pre 2 from UK when you are here in the USA?
    Global Posts
    224 Global Posts
    Verizon replaced my pre plus with a pre 2 last month after the 5th pre plus replacement with GPS and keyboard issues. I did file a complaint with BBB and that's probably why they sent me a 2. I was never nasty or spiteful. But I did document every email, chat, and phone convo with names, dates, and length of the phone calls. I can't believe the difference how 2.1 runs on the 2. Its night and day.
    Quote Originally Posted by tayswg20 View Post
    Verizon replaced my pre plus with a pre 2 last month after the 5th pre plus replacement with GPS and keyboard issues. I did file a complaint with BBB and that's probably why they sent me a 2. I was never nasty or spiteful. But I did document every email, chat, and phone convo with names, dates, and length of the phone calls. I can't believe the difference how 2.1 runs on the 2. Its night and day.
    Please share how you got 2.1 on your P2? Was it shipped that way? People have been hammering VZW for a while to even release 2.1. Mine arrived last week and it's still running 2.0.1 with "no official word" on the update. I'm jealous.
    Global Posts
    224 Global Posts
    Sorry I should have been clear. I metadoctored to 2.1 two days after I got it. It was shipped to me with 2.0.1 I had already done this with my P plus so it was essentially the same process. I called verizon the day I got it asking them about it and they told me the same thing as everyone else "we have no information as to when and if an update will be available" .... They also denied that there were a few "official" updates sent out (a few of the forum members here got it) ..... Hence I decided just to do it myself, since it'll probably be awhile, if ever before the update ever gets released. If your even a little bit of a techi I would encourage you to try the metadoctor rout. You can always doctor back to 2.0.1 if it doesn't work.