Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By jsgraphicart
  1.    #1  
    At the moment I'm seeing lots of great deals on the pre 2- 130 ($207) which I think is a great price, especially since I don't want to fork out +500 for the pre 3.

What does everyone else think?

Older smartphone (which is still great) or brand new expensive one (but you might get burned as an early adopter).

I'd be interested in people's point of views!
    Global Posts
    38 Global Posts
    Well if you dont want to fork out a lot of money for the pre 3, you might as well get the pre 2 as 130 is an absolutely amazing price.
    I just ordered a Pre 2 from Verizon. Deal was too good too pass up, and my Pre Plus is dying. Needed the upgrade, and the Pre 2 seems like a very solid smartphone.
    Im in the same dilemma. Im able to upgrade to a Pre 2 for $99 if I renew my contract. But I REALLY want a Pre 3. Im waiting until the Pre 3 becomes available and see what I can get it for. If its still too much for me, I'll most likely upgrade to the Pre 2. Its still a nice phone and is still supported with updates and all. Thats my main concern. My Pre Plus has gone as far as it can with the 2.1 Meta Doctor. Which I'm completely happy with anyways.
    fellowman39047 likes this.
    I currently have a first-generation PRE, and am thinking about moving to a PRE 2 (not at Sprint). My question is this: if I move to Pre 2 and OS2, will all of the apps that I've purchased for OS 1 (1.4.5 now) work on OS 2?

Thanks.

Greg
    Quote Originally Posted by GregMa View Post
    I currently have a first-generation PRE, and am thinking about moving to a PRE 2 (not at Sprint). My question is this: if I move to Pre 2 and OS2, will all of the apps that I've purchased for OS 1 (1.4.5 now) work on OS 2?

Thanks.

Greg
    You shouldnt have a problem. 2.x should support everything that is made for 2.x and below. Its the stuff made for devices above 2.x that you cant run.
    I'd go pre3. Mainly because hardware wise it's significantly different and you probably won't feel like you're getting an incremental improvement.

I've had a pre-, pre+, and now I have a sprintified franken pre2; and while the pre2 is an awesome phone, the experience is just too similar to my meta-doctored 2.1 pre+ (oc'd to 1ghz). Sure it's ever so slightly faster and the glass screen is considerably nicer, otherwise it's still pretty much the same phone and a very similar experience.

With the pre3 you're going to get an autofocus camera, a higher resolution display, and a completely new design overall. Unless a pre2 falls into your lap like it did for me, get the pre3.
    when and where?
    Global Posts
    163 Global Posts
    I've just moved from a Pre- and to Pre2 and am very happy. I prefer the size of the Pre2 and am not enough of a power user to justify the extra cost of the Pre3.

100 for a webOS 2.x device is a bargain IMO.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nightburn View Post
    I'd go pre3. Mainly because hardware wise it's significantly different and you probably won't feel like you're getting an incremental improvement.

I've had a pre-, pre+, and now I have a sprintified franken pre2; and while the pre2 is an awesome phone, the experience is just too similar to my meta-doctored 2.1 pre+ (oc'd to 1ghz). Sure it's ever so slightly faster and the glass screen is considerably nicer, otherwise it's still pretty much the same phone and a very similar experience.

With the pre3 you're going to get an autofocus camera, a higher resolution display, and a completely new design overall. Unless a pre2 falls into your lap like it did for me, get the pre3.
    But I still say the important thing is getting a phone that supports future updates. Yeah, the Pre 2 may feel like a Pre Plus but when the Pre 2 gets an update, the Pre Plus wont. But I agree with you on the Pre 3. Its obviously going to be better. That's why I want one.
    Global Posts
    20 Global Posts
    I wanted a p3 but lost patience and bought a p2 off ebay. I am very satisfied with the p2. The only thing that irks me is the app catalog, which only allows american credit cards (yet).
    I am waiting on the P3. I just got a P2 under the wire for the unlimited data plan, because my P+ was having e key issues, and was SLOW as molasses (the daydream glitch). I thought it was a hardware issue, and it was out of warranty, so I looked online, and I was able to get a P2 free after rebate, and my NE2 discount is intact (I will still get the P3 in the fall). But for now, I am still waiting, and my daughter gets this when I am done, haha
    Last edited by copasetic; 07/14/2011 at 09:31 AM. Reason: clarification
    I would say Pre3. I had a Pre+ and upgraded to a Pre2 Unlocked. I love my Pre2 and its quick. Compared to my Touchpad especially it does everything so quickly and smoothly. I cant wait for the Pre3 for that autofocus camera and the microphone being on the keyboard and not on the face of the screen.

Anyone want to buy a Pre2 Unlocked?
    Buy a Pre 2 because it's cheap and available (like my ex-wife). You never know when you're going to get the Pre3 (like my ex-wife) because they keep pushing it back, and you'll land up spending a lot on it (like my ex-wife).

I was never married. But srsly, you'll feel a lot better buying a Pre 2 because it's so much better value.
    I am very happy with my Pre2. You will ne too.
    The Pre 3 will have a bigger screen, function faster (although by how much is still in question based on other threads), have a forward facing camera and have built-in touch-to-share capability (and who know what else that we don't know about yet). If those functions are important, wait for the Pre 3. Otherwise, as several others have said, the Pre 2 is a great phone at a much lower price.
    I realize this is asking a lot, but does anyone have a side by side picture of the Pre2 and Pre3 for a comparison? I found a couple, and I was able to zoom in on them to "actual size", but in each case one or the other is kinda tilted or something. It seems the P3 isn't THAT much bigger 11mm and 5 mm, but I was just curious. I'm one of these that would buy the Veer in no time if it had the horsepower, well and CDMA. Smaller is better for me.