1.    #1  
    Ok, so the wife and I will be switching to AT&T soon pending the Pre3's release. My wife loves the size of the Pre2 and doesn't think she'll like (or need rather) the size/speed of the Pre3. She just wants a working phone that is not too big and not too small so that rules out the Veer for her. Me on the other hand would love to have both! It's been a while since I've been with a GSM network so my question is #1, can a GSM Sprint FrankenPre be activated on AT&T's network once we remove Sprints CDMA radio and #2, can my SIM be used in the Pre3 AND Veer? My thinking is that we should take advantage of AT&T's subsidizing and go ahead and get both the Veer and Pre3 while the wife keeps her GSM Pre2 (which will have to be de-frankenpre'd). I would love to be able to switch the SIM around depending on my mood

Does that make sense or did I just make this really confusing?
    SIM's not the issue, your Palm Profile would be. If you ever have both phones online at the same time (be it 3G Data or Wi-Fi), one of your phones will get wiped.
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLIÉ T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

It's a Late Goodbye, such a Late Goodbye.

Need OEM Palm Pre parts? See here
  3.    #3  
    Ahh! That is certainly good to know. I just assumed once the sim was removed, the phone would stop reporting its profile. I didn't think about wifi.
    Quote Originally Posted by mattbrad2 View Post
    Ahh! That is certainly good to know. I just assumed once the sim was removed, the phone would stop reporting its profile. I didn't think about wifi.
    Profile's tied to your ESN/IMEI, not to your SIM. Without a SIM basically your phone is in "Phone Offline" mode, but is still signed in.
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLIÉ T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

It's a Late Goodbye, such a Late Goodbye.

Need OEM Palm Pre parts? See here
    I just did this on Sunday. I am now using my unlocked Pre 2 on ATT and my wife is using a new Veer. I didn't know about the phone wiping issue, so we lost all of our apps. Not really that big of a deal as the PIM data is through Synergy and I was able to recover the pictures, video, and other data from the USB partition afterwards.

I would say if you go forward with it, make sure you backup your stuff BEFORE going to the store. Use the Save / Restore app from webosinternals, it works great!
    I think the OP should seriously consider the Veer. If you don't use your phone as your main device for browsing the web... Its a great phone!