1.    #1  
    Ive read through the webos insternals and the how-to's...seems fairly straight forward.

any tips or tricks I should know?

is there a good way to fully backup my pre- to migrate to the pre2? Id like to lose as little info as possible. Sending 300 pictures one at a time to my photobucket account doesnt seem the best way....etc. (text messages, etc.)

thanks!
    @agentmock

Audiovox SMT5600 (WM) --> Cingular 8125 (WM) --> Sprint Mogul 8525 (WM) --> Palm Pre (webOS)- --> Sprint Franken Pre2 (webOS) + 32gb Touchpad (webOS)
    I would just say make sure you read the 2.1 upgrade steps and get your 'environment' set up before you start with the hardware side. ie: Ubuntu, download the scripts, etc etc. I did the whole thing including installing ubuntu on my laptop as dual boot, hardware, scripting, phone reboots etc. in about an hour.

Once done, I put preware back on, installed one of the custom kernels (I did the F104 Tomcat since my usage lends itself well to screenstate) and govnah. I couldn't be happier. (OK, a Sprint Pre3, but I was talking in the realm of possibilities. )
    I've done a couple of these and the only problem I've had is the darn bezel is tricky to put back together near the top. You could end up with it not laying flat if you're not careful.

Not sure what the trick is to get it done easy, the last one I did just happened to turn out good.
    Do you already have the Pre 2 you plan on using? I have one for sale that's cheaper than most.

Pre 2 has been sold to a community member.
    Last edited by pavvento; 07/12/2011 at 12:37 AM.
    I'm interested. How much are you wanting for it?
  6.    #6  
    i went ahead and installed unbuntu last night and built my webos doctor jar file.

im slower at linux since I havent used it in oh....almost 10 years. so it took me about 2 hours to figure it all out.

but now, Im one step ahead for when the pre2 gets here tomorrow.
    @agentmock

Audiovox SMT5600 (WM) --> Cingular 8125 (WM) --> Sprint Mogul 8525 (WM) --> Palm Pre (webOS)- --> Sprint Franken Pre2 (webOS) + 32gb Touchpad (webOS)
    Global Posts
    610 Global Posts
    The hardware issue was pretty easy. Just remember: PHONE HAS TO BE ACTIVATED BEFORE YOU START THE CONVERSION!

The Unbuntu is pretty easy. I kinda like it. Time to be total nerd and learn it.
    Devices
    -Sprint Pre & FrankenPre 2
    -AT&T Pre3 4G
    Accessories
    -5 Touchstones for phones & Touchpad
    Global Posts
    373 Global Posts
    Anyone in chicagoland want to make a few bucks and do one for me? I have the phones.
  9.    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by bnceo View Post
    The hardware issue was pretty easy. Just remember: PHONE HAS TO BE ACTIVATED BEFORE YOU START THE CONVERSION!

The Unbuntu is pretty easy. I kinda like it. Time to be total nerd and learn it.
    my sprint phone is already activated....been using it for 2 years now
    @agentmock