Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
  1.    #1  
    I just did a Sprint Pre2 Conversion.

as of late i have been getting this error. I'm not sure why its happening or whats causing it. Sometimes every single web page i try to visit does it and others is sporadic. Then sometimes it will do it and i will try the same page again and it will work.

Has anyone else had this issue and resolved it? its driving me crazy. also, i think its effecting other apps, preware wont load some packages sometimes and others that use data like the engadget app and google maps fail to load.

EDIT: This only happens over Sprints 3g connection. Wifi is not affected.
  2.    #2  
    i may know how to fix my problem after reading this post but i am unsure how to do it because i dont have the option to update network settings on my Sprintified Pre 2.

is there a dialer code that will allow me to update network settings?

http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...ml#post2240048

This worked for me:

Quote Originally Posted by Staedtler View Post
    It seems you're not getting DNS over your data connection. Turn wi-fi off, then go into the web browser and type this into the address bar: 74.125.67.100

That should bring up Google without having to go through DNS. Let us know whether it works, or if you get a different error.
  3.    #3  
    i'm in desperate need of help. I just got done talking to Sprint thinking that maybe they could remotely update my network settings on their end. To make the story short she girl did a bunch of stuff, made me reset my settings after typing ##3282# and now I have NO DATA at all.. I can't get it to come back. She said I have to update my network settings and to bring my phone to a sprint store so they can "fix" my phone. Obviously I can't do that.

I think I just made my problem worse...

is there anyway to update network settings without that button???
    Global Posts
    156 Global Posts
    I'm afraid you might need to re-doctor your phone....I'm also afraid you might have to put your com board back in your Pre minus to regain your data.

I'm having the same issue with unresolved host too. I'm thinking I'm going to have to put my com board back in my pre minus with 1.4.5 and then update network settings and Pre while I'm at it, then redo the original doctoring I did....

I hope I'm wrong....
  5.    #5  
    thats exactly what i am afraid of. I dont understand how this got so messed up. i wish there was some way to do this on the pre2.

its so frustrating going through all that work only having to redo everything i just did so i can push a single buton. i wish there was some way someone could create a solution to this.

i knew i wouldnt have access to the PRL updates but didnt realize i wouldnt have access to the update network settings button also.
    Global Posts
    156 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by blackfireball5 View Post
    thats exactly what i am afraid of. I dont understand how this got so messed up. i wish there was some way to do this on the pre2.

its so frustrating going through all that work only having to redo everything i just did so i can push a single buton. i wish there was some way someone could create a solution to this.

i knew i wouldnt have access to the PRL updates but didnt realize i wouldnt have access to the update network settings button also.
    So I pulled my com board, put back in my Pre Minus, doctored it to 1.4.5, then updated the Network Settings and PRL (shows 60680). I then followed the intructions in this post by navinag (Travis updated the post in his quote which makes it a little clearer to the layman:

http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...ml#post2924140

Of course this assumes you have access to the provision that came in the leaked Sprint 2.0.

With that being said, I now show an "Update Network Setting" and "Update PRL" button on my Sprint Frankenpre 2. When I select the "Update Network Settings", the EV marker disappears, and then after a few seconds or more it changes to "Settings Updated" with a green checkmark. On the "Update PRL" when I select it, after 5-10 seconds of "Cancel Update" and the spining circle, it changes to a message that says "No PRL Update Available" with another check mark next to it. Of course remember I did both updates when I doctored the Minus to 1.4.5 and also got the prl.tar.gz file. Before I removed the com board it was showing 60680.

Anyway...I hope you had luck getting yours back up and running.

Palm m100 => Palm IIIx => Palm Zire 72 => Cingular Treo 650 => Sprint Palm 700p (w/755 ROM) => Sprint Palm 755p => Sprint Palm Centro => Sprint Palm Pre => Sprint FrankenPre Plus => Franken Palm Pre 2 on Sprint w/ working Nav and Sprint TV!

Family lines: Wife => Palm Centro Daughter => Palm Pixi

Living the Palm brand since 1999....and that's gotten me this!?
    RIP Palm OS and WebOS
    blackfireball5 likes this.
  7.    #7  
    I actually am planning on doing this today. I went last week without data.

thanks! I'll have to do this to get those buttons on my pre2. :-)
    Yeah, this is actually happening with mine as well. I really don't want to have to take apart my phones again just to update my PRL. There has got to be a way to do this otherwise.

Just a note, a quick fix for the 3G data problem, turn it off and wait a couple minutes and then turn it back on. Usually works for me.

Someone has to know of a way to fix this... right?
    Sprint Love
  9.    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by tooearly View Post
    Yeah, this is actually happening with mine as well. I really don't want to have to take apart my phones again just to update my PRL. There has got to be a way to do this otherwise.

Just a note, a quick fix for the 3G data problem, turn it off and wait a couple minutes and then turn it back on. Usually works for me.

Someone has to know of a way to fix this... right?

unfortunately there isnt. I tweeted to webos internals and was informed that is the only way.
    ** Staff Note

Please do not post requests for pirated or copyrighted materials.

Thanks
  11.    #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by HelloNNNewman View Post
    ** Staff Note

Please do not post requests for pirated or copyrighted materials.

Thanks
    sorry, honestly, i don't even know what i was requesting from him. i guess i should research it a little more.
  12.    #12  
    i went through all of the steps but something is not right.

when i click on the voice network choice, i usually get on option for Sprint or Automatic, but now it says either Bell Mobility or Automatic.

and i have the two buttons for update network settings and Update PRL but when i click both of them it says "The network settings could not be updated."

error 1012

And now when i text someone my texts look like "???Aget92_?GM_" and it send 3 of them when i send 1, something is royally screwed up.

EDIT:

Last edited by blackfireball5; 07/18/2011 at 10:43 PM.
    Global Posts
    156 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by blackfireball5 View Post
    i went through all of the steps but something is not right.

when i click on the voice network choice, i usually get on option for Sprint or Automatic, but now it says either Bell Mobility or Automatic.

and i have the two buttons for update network settings and Update PRL but when i click both of them it says "The network settings could not be updated."

error 1012

And now when i text someone my texts look like "???Aget92_?GM_" and it send 3 of them when i send 1, something is royally screwed up.

EDIT:

Are you certain you used the right version of the WebOS Doctor after you put your com board back in your Pre 2?

Here's the steps I did for mine:

1. removed com board and reinstall in pre minus
    2. doctored with Sprint 1.4.5 so it would get data and activate
    3. updated the PRL and network settings
    4. Use the link mentioned for Sprint PRL to extract the PRL file
    5. put the com board back in the Pre 2
    6. Re-ran the 2.1 metadoctor I created a while back when I built the Frankenpre the first time so it would work on Sprint. I did this to save time.
    7. Before upgrading to the second 2.1, I used the Sprint PRL link previously mentioned to put the updated PRL file and added the buttons.
    8. After going to Device info and seeing the new PRL, I updated to the second 2.1 is shows
    9. Once back up, I reverified the PRL was showing the new one.

I'd double check your doctor version, for it to show Bell tells me that might be your error.

Palm m100 => Palm IIIx => Palm Zire 72 => Cingular Treo 650 => Sprint Palm 700p (w/755 ROM) => Sprint Palm 755p => Sprint Palm Centro => Sprint Palm Pre => Sprint FrankenPre Plus => Franken Palm Pre 2 on Sprint w/ working Nav and Sprint TV!

Family lines: Wife => Palm Centro Daughter => Palm Pixi

Living the Palm brand since 1999....and that's gotten me this!?
    RIP Palm OS and WebOS
  14.    #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by ntjoe View Post
    Are you certain you used the right version of the WebOS Doctor after you put your com board back in your Pre 2?

Here's the steps I did for mine:

1. removed com board and reinstall in pre minus
    2. doctored with Sprint 1.4.5 so it would get data and activate
    3. updated the PRL and network settings
    4. Use the link mentioned for Sprint PRL to extract the PRL file
    5. put the com board back in the Pre 2
    6. Re-ran the 2.1 metadoctor I created a while back when I built the Frankenpre the first time so it would work on Sprint. I did this to save time.
    7. Before upgrading to the second 2.1, I used the Sprint PRL link previously mentioned to put the updated PRL file and added the buttons.
    8. After going to Device info and seeing the new PRL, I updated to the second 2.1 is shows
    9. Once back up, I reverified the PRL was showing the new one.

I'd double check your doctor version, for it to show Bell tells me that might be your error.
    These were te steps i took all the way from the begining.

1. I purchased the Pre2.
    2. I did a succesful conversion and had a working Pre2 on Sprint.
    3. I had some issues with internet stuff and inadvertently lost a data connection.
    4. Made this post and began the steps from here substituting for the Pre2 (http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...ml#post2924140)
    5. Re-created my palm pre-
    6. doctored to 1.4.5
    7. Did both update network settings and prl update.
    8. Got necessary files (prl.tar)
    9. Rebuilt my Pre2 (which was already setup and working) (HAD WORKING DATA CONNECTION ON PRE 2 NOW)
    10. Found provisioner_1.0.0-28_armv7.ipk
    11. Finished steps from above
    12. Rebooted, tested the buttons, lost my data, cant send texts, and now i am in a worse position than where i started.

Would getting the wrong provisioner_1.0.0-28_armv7.ipk cause it to do this with the Bell Mobility Branding?

Like i said, that is the only thing that changed. I never doctored my Pre2 like you did.
    I'm actually speculating that Sprint has done something on their end. I have two Palm Pre's (no conversion mods) and they both started exhibiting the exact same issue beginning around July ~8th. I am also near you geographically. Of course, every time I call Sprint they "check the towers" then want me to reset my settings, phone, etc. I've gone so far as to WebDoctor one of the phones to no avail. The last person I spoke with wanted me to take the phone into a store to be checked out as it probably "has a problem" even though I have two phones exhibiting exactly the same problem which began at the same time (sigh..). BTW - entering 74.125.67.100 directly does work when Google does not.

One is acting up more than the other and I just notice they have different PRLs (the poorer performance phone shows 60680, better one is showing 01115).

Any more thoughts, or tests to run? This is getting old...
  16.    #16  
    this is gonna sound really strange but i decided to do a battery and low and behold it says Sprint in all my settings now, though, i am still without data, cant text, and the buttons dont work.

would using the command line built into older versions of webOS QUick Install cause it not to work. when i did the mount and unmount thing within WOSQI the command never said anything so i am unsure if it did mount or not.

does it say anything when you mount it?

what would cause this line to not work for me?

(I use cmd in windows, Type "novacom -t open tty://" without the quotes)
  17.    #17  
    fyi, i redid all the steps again this time using a provisioner that was given to me that was verified to be correct.

still nothing. buttons don't work. everything does correctly say Sprint though.
    Global Posts
    156 Global Posts
    Did you re-run the metadoctor on your Pre 2 after you reassembled it? I'm not sure if that's a requirement but I did and it works fine.

I will confirm that the 60680 doesn't seem to perform as well. I get a signal but I'm at a relatives that I used to get a strong EV signal but now I'm on 1x. I get an EV signal at home and got it sporadically on the trip here.
    Global Posts
    156 Global Posts
    I also used the linux command line from an older version of WOSQI and had no issues, aside from what I have previously mentioned.
  20.    #20  
    Quote Originally Posted by ntjoe View Post
    I also used the linux command line from an older version of WOSQI and had no issues, aside from what I have previously mentioned.
    i guess i'll have to doctor and then go through the steps. i was hoping i wouldent have to do that because the doctor is at my home and i'm not. lol.

it went from being an inconvience (no data) to an emergency (no texting).

not sure what i did to cause that but i'll have to doctor again.

Question: When you use WOSQI, what does it display for you when you do the mounting commands?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast