Global Posts
    893 Global Posts
    I've been very satisfied with my Pre2 the past months, but you can never be sure until you have the ultimate test for your phone. And this test is the (*drum roll*)... hot Mediterranean summer and the beach.

Screen - OK, we Pre2 users don't have the best hardware and we know it. However I have noticed that our screens are not afraid of light. My friend has the Samsung Galaxy S with the super sexy AMOLED screen, but I must say under the bright summer sun the Pre2 is better. At almost the minimum brightness I could read without any problems and I only had to increase the brightness when I had my sunglasses on. I am very surprised by the screen.

Signal - Remote beaches are not the best covered places. However the Pre2 performed adequately. Again my friend's phone had some problems with the signal (although being on a different carrier is not good for comparison). I only had a problem with one SMS that was never received. As webOS seems not to think delivery receipts are important I never found out, until some hours later. Browsing the internets was OK, as was facebook etc.

Heat - Well, I've noticed before that 3G coupled with multitasking makes my Pre2 a bit hot. Along with the hot summer day, that was not that good.

Battery - Didn't notice any big differences. Although the car charger is a "must" if you plan to stay for many hours.

Sound - Well I can't blame any phone when you cannot hear it ringing at the beach. On the other hand, as I was listening to music and reading I must say that the cheap Pre headphones are more than decent and that you can enjoy your music even if the people next to you are making noise.

Camera - I'm not a phone camera lover. I never had a phone with a very good camera. I always carry a "normal" camera with me when I go to the beach. The pictures the Pre2 takes are not very good. However I must say that some of the pics I took were more than OK. The one is my reading in my Kindle and the other one is a cloud blocking the sun.

So this is my unimportant summer edition "I like my Pre 2" topic. Be free to share your sentiments.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    interesting. The closeup of the kindle looks a bit blurry, but the everything else which is further out looks very crisp.
    Nice review, thanks for taking the time. You got balls though taking your Pre2 and Kindle on the beach with all the sand around.

ET
    Global Posts
    893 Global Posts
    Well for the Kindle it's not that big a deal. It is relatively cheap and you only need to push a big button for changing pages. If I'm not able to read while at the beach then it's no paper-book replacement for me.
    But you are right about the Pre. I was extra careful because the sand and also the salty water could cause problems.