1.    #1  
    I have a Pre 2 as my primary phone on Sprint so I know that in order to activate a Sprintified Pre 2 the comm board has to be swapped from an activated Pre-, and then doctored. My question is with the Pre 2 that I am currently using on my Sprint account. If I were to deactivate the phone so I could try out a different phone would I then have to go through all those steps just to reactivate my Pre 2 on the same account it had previously been activated on?
    I think they remove your active phone from the account and it won't access the radio towers anymore. Before id go switching phones id swap back to a pre - and doctor to 1.4.5 as to not bring attn to it. Then swap and re-doctor when/if you switch back.
    Quote Originally Posted by BearFace712 View Post
    I have a Pre 2 as my primary phone on Sprint so I know that in order to activate a Sprintified Pre 2 the comm board has to be swapped from an activated Pre-, and then doctored. My question is with the Pre 2 that I am currently using on my Sprint account. If I were to deactivate the phone so I could try out a different phone would I then have to go through all those steps just to reactivate my Pre 2 on the same account it had previously been activated on?
    If you wanted to re-activate a franken Pre2, you would need to put the comm board in a Pre +/- with the 1.x OS version. 2.x doesn't have the necessary things on it to be activated on Sprint, and the Pre2 can not be loaded with less than 2.0

So,
    1. Put Comm board in Pre+ or Pre-
    2. Activate on Sprint
    3. Swap Comm board to Pre2
    Palm Pre 2 on Sprint
  4.    #4  
    That's what I figured. Thanks for your response.
    I have a Pre- on Sprint. Can I just go buy a Pre 2 and swap the comm board?
    I just ran into a similar situation and I indeed had to swap the comm board back to a regular pre to activate properly.

I've been considering selling my sprintified franken pre 2 but this is an unfortunate barrier.
    Quote Originally Posted by balanceachieved View Post
    I have a Pre- on Sprint. Can I just go buy a Pre 2 and swap the comm board?
    No, you have to do some software modifications to the Pre 2 as well. There are plenty of stickied posts on this forum pointing to the how-tos.