Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes
  1. Me2
    Global Posts
    336 Global Posts
    Looks like distrubutors (or HP) are dumping GSM Pre2 inventory to make way for the Pre3. GBP131.37 delivered @ ebuyer, and similar prices via dropship outlets like uk.buy.com and kikatek.

http://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/hp-p.../971144?page=1
    Last edited by Me2; 07/05/2011 at 12:47 PM. Reason: URL updated
    hagster and redmist like this.
    Wow nice find! I might have to think about getting this instead of the Pre3. Would mean I could get a Touchpad quicker too

Hmmmm.... Pre3 or Touchpad & Pre2?
    that's a bargain.
    Global Posts
    465 Global Posts
    Wow not bad about $210 US!
    It's tempting at this price to get 1 as a backup. Shame this wasn't available when I signed up for an 18 month contract.

Fingers crossed some cheap Touchstones turn up on eBuyer as well.
    Global Posts
    163 Global Posts
    About the same price they were going for on ebay, but without the hassle. Nice
    got my ebay one. thinking about stocking a backup, pre 2 is still palm hardware.
    Wow, they have 1,489 i stock. I might expect this price to go down a bit more, but it would be interesting just to monitor the stock levels to see how many people buy. I'm not sure there are that many WebOS users in the UK :P
    Damn, they dont sell to Sweden, or my GF would have loved one of these!
    Hi Guys,

just wanted to know whether ebuyer is a legitimate site???
    yes they are legit i have been using them for 10 years or so
    Global Posts
    163 Global Posts
    Second thumbs up for ebuyer. Very well known online retailer with a good reputation
    thanks guys, just ordered a pre2 from them hopefully ill get it by tommorow, I am a new web os convert (thanks to pre central) and have bought pre2 as a backup device and if it hits the right spots then would buy a pre3. any tips / tricks for a newbie like me
    I can also vouch for ebuyer! They are legitimate. customer service isnt the best but they deliver in the end.

Also, how is this not a bargain? It certainly is considerig how much it cost a few months ago
    Quote Originally Posted by Theonlyix View Post
    Damn, they dont sell to Sweden, or my GF would have loved one of these!
    Look for it on Amazon, there are some companies offering it at nearly the same price.

Amazon.co.uk: Used and New: Palm Pre 2 - Smartphone - 3G - 16 GB - WCDMA (UMTS) / GSM - slider - touch screen, full keyboard - webOS - black

Lambdatek sells for 139 GBP + Shipping for example, and it is quite safe to buy thru Amazon Marketplace.
  16. Me2
    Global Posts
    336 Global Posts
    Seems there is a problem with these devices that causes all apps to be shown in USD instead of GBP even if the phone is activated with a UK network SIM (O2). So can't buy anything as you can only use US/Canadian/Mexcian credit cards. HP have acknowledged the problem saying it is a server side issue, see HUKD forums from my 1st link. Note this seems to be separate to the long standing issue of not being able to activate or buy apps from 'banned' countries and network providors - solutions such as Imposta do not have any effect.
    Got my Pre 2 delivered from ebuyer today.
    Touchstone cover seems faulty, keeps flicking on and off charge, luckily I have a spare brand new one from when I bought touchstones from O2 when they were cheap.
    I have noticed the $ issue, not a big deal but pretty stupid thing to have to contend with.
    Apart form that, nice little upgrade from my Pre-
    Global Posts
    110 Global Posts
    Good bargain find.
    Just bought one. Dunked my old phone in a drink last night and can't afford to wait for the Pre3 since I have no idea when it's going to be released.

Can't say no to a price like that anyway!!
    Do they ship to the US? I can't find any info on their site. This is alot cheaper than what the prices here are for an unlocked phone.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast