Results 1 to 19 of 19
  1.    #1  
    When I go to system and then accounts all my accounts seem to have disappeared. But when I go to individual accounts in email and contacts etc they still seem partially there. For instance in contacts my accounts are empty and my default account is still there. In calendar it's the same, in emails everything looks fine (there is an account and a default account). I can't add an account in accounts in system. Have you had this before and what do I do? I started noticing it when facebook wouldn't startup, the screen is there but it then stalls.
  2.    #2  
    It might be normal to you but it's my first smart phone. I took the battery out put it back in and all my accounts were back. Do you have to do this often?
  3. #3  
    No but it's the last thing we do if something is not working.
    EDIT: Not true. The last thing is the doctor ;-)
    I do the same sometimes to my laptop.

    EDIT: But thanks for posting. This is what this community is about. Finding a solution and share.
    Last edited by somline; 07/04/2011 at 12:50 PM.
  4. Loiter's Avatar
    Posts
    682 Posts
    Global Posts
    893 Global Posts
    #4  
    It has happened twice to "lose" the accounts. A luna restart did the trick. I don't know what caused it though.
  5.    #5  
    What is a luna restart?
  6. Loiter's Avatar
    Posts
    682 Posts
    Global Posts
    893 Global Posts
    #6  
    If you have installed Preware (which in my humble opinion you should) there is an option in Luna manager called Luna restart.
    Everytime that something seems amiss, I do a restart and usually everything is OK.
    Luna restart is also needed many times after installing something (like in a computer).
    Taking off the battery is something you should do only as a last resort.
  7. #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by banditwow View Post
    What is a luna restart?
    Luna is the Server Process the grafical userinterface (GUI) is running in as well as all apps.
    If you restart this, only Luna gets restartet and not the whole Linux like on a "normal" reboot. Therefore it's faster to reboot.
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by Loiter View Post
    If you have installed Preware (which in my humble opinion you should) there is an option in Luna manager called Luna restart.
    Everytime that something seems amiss, I do a restart and usually everything is OK.
    Luna restart is also needed many times after installing something (like in a computer).
    Taking off the battery is something you should do only as a last resort.
    I don't have Preware, what's the advantage? Is it for a particular webos version?
  9.    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by somline View Post
    Luna is the Server Process the grafical userinterface (GUI) is running in as well as all apps.
    If you restart this, only Luna gets restartet and not the whole Linux like on a "normal" reboot. Therefore it's faster to reboot.


    Linux? Wasn't aware I had anything to do with Linux??

    How do I do a 'normal' reboot? Sorry I am new to smart phones but was v pleased that a simple solution like taking the battery out and put it back in worked. I have a suspicion that my 50 minutes on the phone with HP support would not have been necessary if I had tried it then (as my default folders had disappeared, different but similar problem).
  10. #10  
    Or you shuld have posted your question here in the first place :-)
    Yes webOS is based on Linux.
    Don't have the link atm (I'm in the subway right now)
    search for preware here in the forum.
    It will open to you the world of homebrew(has nothing to do with beer)
  11. #11  
    normal reboot is holding the powerbutton for some seconds.
    There are more options to do so.
  12.    #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by somline View Post
    normal reboot is holding the powerbutton for some seconds.
    There are more options to do so.
    Funny that HP suppport didn't suggest that. I had no idea. Thanks.
  13.    #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by somline View Post
    Or you shuld have posted your question here in the first place :-)
    I think I did! :-)

    But then my boyfriend suggested taking the battery out and that was quicker than waiting for the first reaction on here.
  14. #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by banditwow View Post
    I think I did! :-)
    I think I read you spend 50min on the support.
  15.    #15  
    Quote Originally Posted by somline View Post
    I think I read you spend 50min on the support.
    Yes but that was last week (or week before) when my default accounts had disappeared. They said something about pressing 3 buttons at the same time (it's on here in another thread) which was pretty difficult holding all 3 of them and it didn't work. Think that was their idea of a reboot.
  16.    #17  
    Quote Originally Posted by banditwow View Post
    Yes but that was last week (or week before) when my default accounts had disappeared. They said something about pressing 3 buttons at the same time (it's on here in another thread) which was pretty difficult holding all 3 of them and it didn't work. Think that was their idea of a reboot.
    Found it: http://forums.precentral.net/webos-s...d-working.html
  17. #18  
    Yes this is one of the other methods to reboot the device.
    There is an other one where you switch the mute switch a couple of times (don't remember exactly)
  18. #19  
    Palm/HP suggests a sequence for trying to fix a problem on a Pre/Pixi:

    Palm Support : 6Ts: Six ways to get your webOS phone working again

Posting Permissions