1.    #1  
    So I have an unlocked GSM Pre 2 (and I live in the US). Per suggestions in the stickied threads here, I've activated it with a friend's ATT SIM card whose account had data and I have fine access to the US app catalog.

I gave them their SIM card back right after activation, and I've been using it in WiFi-only/Airplane mode ever since.

I separately have a SIM card from the UK, on which I have a number of contacts/phone numbers that I'd like to pull into my Pre 2 and from there, pass on into my Google contacts accounts.

So far, I've stuck the UK SIM into the Pre2, but those contacts did not automatically show up in my Contacts app. When I look in to the contact app's accounts or the Accounts app, the UK SIM is not listed.

The ATT SIM, though, *is* listed.

I'm new to SIMs, being a Sprint customer...

How do I get the Pre 2 to recognize, access, and pull information off the UK SIM? From there, I expect I can add those phone numbers into the corresponding contacts that I have in my Google accounts (which are already in the Pre 2's Accounts app) via the webOS-normal method of adding info (say, a new number) to the contact (which will get saved to the designated default contacts synergy source/account).

Should I remove the ATT SIM account? Or will that mess up my App catalog access, etc.?

Thanks for any help and thoughts!
    Not sure how you can do this on a Pre 2, but I hotswapped my SIM in the Veer with a dead T-Mobile SIM, a new SIM account was created and I can see the contacts.
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLIÉ T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

It's a Late Goodbye, such a Late Goodbye.

Need OEM Palm Pre parts? See here
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by ToniCipriani View Post
    Not sure how you can do this on a Pre 2, but I hotswapped my SIM in the Veer with a dead T-Mobile SIM, a new SIM account was created and I can see the contacts.
    The Veer doesn't have a removable battery or back cover, does it? So...there's a relatively easily accessed SIM slot, then? And by "hotswapped" do you mean that you had the Veer turned on, took out your normal SIM, then just put in the T-Mobile SIM?

Hm. Not sure what the implications might be for the Pre2, but it's encouraging to know that accessing the newly inserted SIM is relatively automatic on the Veer.
    Global Posts
    893 Global Posts
    Why don't try something else? Use your SIM card in another phone and transfer the contacts to google? Then you can sync them to your Pre.