Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Found it on Verizon Wireless' URL. In case anyone would like to get a very good device for what I consider to be very under priced.
    i noticed this too. i am eligible for an early upgrade. Currently have the pre+
    This might be wishful thinking, but i hope verizon dropped the price due to the Pre3 being released this month (hopefully).
    I just really hope HPalm make an announcement soon cuz i dont want to stay on the pre+ for too long. Might have to get the Pre2.
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by jalexmontes View Post
    i noticed this too. i am eligible for an early upgrade. Currently have the pre+
    This might be wishful thinking, but i hope verizon dropped the price due to the Pre3 being released this month (hopefully).
    I just really hope HPalm make an announcement soon cuz i dont want to stay on the pre+ for too long. Might have to get the Pre2.
    I understand where you are coming from. I have a Palm Pre + myself. I think I will try to stick it out a little more. I did manage to upgrade my + to webos 2.1 and I'm investigating that right now. Like you, I do hope that HP releases Palm Pre 3 this month, or at the latest, in August. That way I can see how HP is faring with the APPS market and see if they are actually going to release the 2.1 upgrade to Palm Pre 2 and upgrades to the VEER and Touchpad.
    If you can; hold on!
    Global Posts
    956 Global Posts
    is this their regular price now? Or is it on sale again like a few weeks ago?
    Quote Originally Posted by artwest50 View Post
    I understand where you are coming from. I have a Palm Pre + myself. I think I will try to stick it out a little more. I did manage to upgrade my + to webos 2.1 and I'm investigating that right now. Like you, I do hope that HP releases Palm Pre 3 this month, or at the latest, in August. That way I can see how HP is faring with the APPS market and see if they are actually going to release the 2.1 upgrade to Palm Pre 2 and upgrades to the VEER and Touchpad.
    If you can; hold on!
    Didn't VZ release 2.1 for the Pre 2 just recently?
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by xadion View Post
    is this their regular price now? Or is it on sale again like a few weeks ago?
    Only time will tell. I don't really see it under a sales sign or anything. I wouldn't be surprised if Verizon stores still have it for 99 dollars!
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by UnExplanatory View Post
    Didn't VZ release 2.1 for the Pre 2 just recently?
    As far as I've seen; no. Not that it would matter in my case. I really do hope that VZW will finally release it soon though.
    Quote Originally Posted by artwest50 View Post
    If you can; hold on!
    Yes i also upgraded to webOS 2. 1
    been tinkering with that for a couple of days now and enjoying it.
    i stil have my droid 2 (actually using it right now over wifi to write this) and i gotta admit, i do miss this huge keyboard.

If the reduced price for the pre2 is still at 49.99 by the 14th AND if HP refuses to announce a release date within these two weeks, i will purchase it. I think for now, imma go back to using my droid 2. I miss the keyboard, turn-by-turn navi (gmaps), battery life, and using my car window mount. Tha thing comes in handy.
    there are leaks of a droid 3 release on vzw all over the place, either july 7 or 14. Pre3 has been rumored for july 21...where are the leaks?
    Quote Originally Posted by MDsmartphone View Post
    there are leaks of a droid 3 release on vzw all over the place, either july 7 or 14. Pre3 has been rumored for july 21...where are the leaks?
    exactly.

which is why i give it two more weeks.

i need a physical keyboard. i've never been a fan of touchscreen keyboards.

which is why im just waiting for the pre3. if not, imma go pre2. but for now, back to my droid 2.
    I just ordered two Pre-2s from VZW. I got both phones plus 2 touchstone chargers for $63 after using my last "new every two" thing that vzw discontinued. I was hoping to hold out for the pre3 but my current phone was having trouble with a few things, namely making and receiving calls. Im pretty stoked even though July 4th is delaying delivery. Cant wait to dive into my first WebOS phone!
    Quote Originally Posted by Jmgreenhill View Post
    I just ordered two Pre-2s from VZW. I got both phones plus 2 touchstone chargers for $63 after using my last "new every two" thing that vzw discontinued. I was hoping to hold out for the pre3 but my current phone was having trouble with a few things, namely making and receiving calls. Im pretty stoked even though July 4th is delaying delivery. Cant wait to dive into my first WebOS phone!
    thats awesome.
    how much were the phones???
    Quote Originally Posted by jalexmontes View Post
    thats awesome.
    how much were the phones???
    The phones were 49.99 each. I got one for free because of the "new every two" discount. The touchstones were like $5 each.
    Nice deal!
    Global Posts
    956 Global Posts
    I love my pre2, after useing a pre- for over two years it is just awsome, battery life is WAY better... and...well I hate to admit it- I love loveing so far verizons signal str and 3g speeds...comeing from sprint.

Only thing I dont like is not haveing a talking turn by turn nav- as I am not paying 10$ for Verizon Navigator.
    I bit the bullet on Friday and ordered a $49 Pre 2 as I had been month-to-month on one of my lines. For the money, I think it's one of the better deals out there still. Of course, no store stocks them anymore. It's definitely an order and wait phone. First phone I actually am opting to get insurance on.

The $50 price point is perfect. Compared to $50 Android & BB phones I think the Pre 2 has got them beat on features and looks.
    White Z10, Touchpad 16GB [Retired: Pre 3, Pre 2, Pixi Plus, Pre Plus]
    Back on a BlackBerry after 2 1/2 years with WebOS.

One-step Picasa batch image upload: http://forums.webosnation.com/hp-tou...ecl-webos.html
    Global Posts
    465 Global Posts
    I love loveing so far verizons signal str and 3g speeds...comeing from sprint.
    I've noticed that since I switched to VZ, the quality of my voice calls is generally better especially at lower signal levels. If I had 1 bar on my Sprint Pre-, voice calls were pretty much not even an option as they would break up too much. With VZ, I can make clear voice calls regardless of signal level. I consider it a worthy trade off for the GPS which I won't pay for (I have a TomTom with free lifetime map upgrades anyway so eh).
    I may have to break down and get one. I know it will definitely be better than my plus. Was hoping for the Pre 3, but just can't wait anymore. My plus is dying. And for 49.99 I think its a steal.

How is skype im on the pre 2, is it good?
    Global Posts
    465 Global Posts
    How is skype im on the pre 2, is it good?
    Works fine for me audio-wise. Only thing it can't seem to do for me is group calling which I need on occasion, but that's not really a huge deal.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jmgreenhill View Post
    I just got back from the Verizon store where I ordered (2) Pre II's. One was free and the other $49. They matched the online price for me which was great (they would have been $49 and $99 at the store even though they had to order them same as I would do over the internet). I was considering waiting for a Pre III or a Verizon Veer (ideal) but I wanted to lock in the unlimited data plan more than anything at this point.

These will be my first foray into the smartphone world and my first WebOS devices. This will sound terrible but my last Palm device was a Palm IIIc! Hopefully I can set up freetether for my TabletPC to be able to access the internet as well.

I am glad I started reading posts on this site but it is all of your fault that I spent the money today!

They will be here tomorrow and then I go back to the store with them and they are going to switcheroo all the phone numbers.
    regards,

Dan

------------------
    TabletPC user
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast