Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By shaneabunting
  • 1 Post By toasterthegamer
  • 1 Post By addiarmadar
  1.    #1  
    I wish HP and all manufacturers should realise there is webOS users around the world. And we love our webOS phones as much as you in the US, but is there any reason why HP can't at least give us sim-free phone users Skype and a decent maps app?

It's kind of frustrating at times. When will we get Skype for the rest of the world's Pre 2s?

And even on that, the Pre, Pre Plus & Pixi Plus? They're capable.
    SB =================================================================
    leobloom likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by SBpalmpre View Post
    I wish HP and all manufacturers should realise there is webOS users around the world. And we love our webOS phones as much as you in the US, but is there any reason why HP can't at least give us sim-free phone users Skype and a decent maps app?

It's kind of frustrating at times. When will we get Skype for the rest of the world's Pre 2s?

It'd be rather tough to do video chat for pre, pre plus and pix plus, pre 2 and the veer since they have no forward cameras, but I would like to see voice calling at least.
    shaneabunting likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by toasterthegamer View Post
    It'd be rather tough to do video chat for pre, pre plus and pix plus, pre 2 and the veer since they have no forward cameras, but I would like to see voice calling at least.
    Pre, Pre Plus and Pixi Plus needs to find a way to get a system update first.
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLIÉ T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

It's a Late Goodbye, such a Late Goodbye.

Need OEM Palm Pre parts? See here
    I just have one question.. The version of skype on webos.. Is it like a special version or can it be used to vid chat with other skype users on other platforms?
    Quote Originally Posted by SBpalmpre View Post

Best the hammer Skype to make this happen but the carriers make this complicated for they dont want their network bogged down with this nor miss out on minutes/SMS charges. Could at least make a WiFi one first for the general masses and then go from there.
    Try diplomacy first. You can always conquer them later...

www.webos-internals.org, read it, use it, love it, and donate to it.....
    Quote Originally Posted by mindonmillions08 View Post
    I just have one question.. The version of skype on webos.. Is it like a special version or can it be used to vid chat with other skype users on other platforms?
    You can contact other skype users on other platforms. The "special" part is on the phones it will not let you make local calls through it and MUST have a 3G connection and up.
    Try diplomacy first. You can always conquer them later...

www.webos-internals.org, read it, use it, love it, and donate to it.....
    shaneabunting likes this.