1.    #1  
    What do you think, will modders be able to use a coil of a veer/pre3 backcover on a pre 2 backcover. Or are there more hardware modifications like special chips on mainboard that would be needed.
    I mean software update to 2.2 should be possible.
    How hard is it for HP Palm to provide this back cover/coil for the Pre2?
    Check out my My Medical webOS Apps
    Featured free apps: DrugView | Eponyms | eMed | Dosecalcfree | Beeb News
    it would probably need extra connectors on the inside of the back of the phone, so i dont think its as simple as an upgraded back cover.
    Quote Originally Posted by GarrettQ View Post
    it would probably need extra connectors on the inside of the back of the phone, so i dont think its as simple as an upgraded back cover.
    Agree, if you remember the TS mods on non palm phones, they required wiring to the battery terminal. So the TTS coil would require hardwiring to a board, I would guess the place to hardwire these connectors is not there.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    It will not be possible, since the new devices are using the A6 Chip which is doing the communication for tts.
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by somline View Post
    It will not be possible, since the new devices are using the A6 Chip which is doing the communication for tts.
    ohh yeah that was the one that bricked the Veer of Rod while playing with the software, wasn't it? Hhhm then it really seems to be impossible - let's see if neato! will get some good integration into Touchpad so that functions could be well "emulated" as good as possible.
    If you check out Rod's pictures of the Veer he bricked, the back is attached to the phone and such.
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    We always prefer that people donate in response to tangible items they can use today, rather than for intangible promises about the future that may or may not be possible to achieve.
  8.    #8  
    yeah but has to be different on the pre3 with battery changeable? But still there will be connectors and an special chip inside, well was thinking perhaps...
    Quote Originally Posted by Jakeeeee View Post
    If you check out Rod's pictures of the Veer he bricked, the back is attached to the phone and such.
    The back is only "attached" by the warranty sticker IIRC.
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...