webOS Nation Forums >  webOS Devices >  Palm Pre 2 > Pre 2 really, really, really slow. [solved]
Pre 2 really, really, really slow. [solved]

Old 10/07/2011, 12:08 PM   #21 (permalink)

Same thing happened to me the past couple days. No idea what patch/etc triggered it. I removed and it works fine so I'm not bothering to reinstall yet.
LurkerX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/09/2012, 08:27 AM   #22 (permalink)

I'm having this issue now for last few days. Even touch events are slow to be registered. Rebooted multiple times without consistent improvement. (I tried to set up nightly resets with preset reset or reboot scheduler but that's not working) I have received too many card errors even though nothing is open. I did not have uberkernal/govnah installed. I actually just installed uberkernal today and it does speed things up a bit but still very slow. (unusably slow)
I erased lots of sms messages and reduced email to 2 weeks instead of a month. I have plenty of memory left.
Any other ideas other than doctoring? Appreciate the help.
ewl88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/09/2012, 01:52 PM   #23 (permalink)

/var might be full. Use 'df' on the command line to see how much space is used.
webOS Releases: Change your App Catalog country: TouchPad/PC | TouchPad/webOS Resources | Search suggestion patch for browser | Cycling Email Notifications | Don't Doctor! Make a good support request. | How to post logs | webOS Charge Monitor
GMMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/09/2012, 09:23 PM   #24 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMMan View Post
/var might be full. Use 'df' on the command line to see how much space is used.
thanks for help. var is 135 mb on internalz pro. Where do you do command line- from webos quick installer? Is var is full, what can be deleted?
Old 12/09/2012, 10:24 PM   #25 (permalink)

Internalz includes the file cache and database in the figure. It's more accurate if you run 'df' on the command line, as it'll show you total space, amount used, and percentage used.
webOS Releases: Change your App Catalog country: TouchPad/PC | TouchPad/webOS Resources | Search suggestion patch for browser | Cycling Email Notifications | Don't Doctor! Make a good support request. | How to post logs | webOS Charge Monitor
GMMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/10/2012, 06:24 PM   #26 (permalink)

Thanks by the time I read your suggestion I dr'ed the phone and it runs well now. Looks like we have to check on the var folder and delete things manually before things get laggy. Not very smart of Palm/HP. WebOS = an os with lots of great things and some odd glitches and quirks.

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0