1.    #1  
    Hey forum,
    Just updating you on my transition from the iPhone 4 to Pre 2 I have almost completed.
    I posted to say I got my Pre 2 on Saturday when I did and I know it's only been 2 days but I love it and I got some questions on it you might be able to answer...

GPS...
    GPS is working alright with Maps but I miss the ability to use the phones compass to orientate the map, is there any way to do this on webOS?

Battery Life...
    The battery life seems to be very low, no push email or anything like. Any ways I could extend it or do anything to make it better?

Processor & Speed
    The Pre 2 is fast, faster than any other webOS phone I've used, but it still just doesn't feel like 1GHz. Though I can't complan, I'm wondering if you've noticed the same?

Thanks forums in Advance! SB
    SB =================================================================
    There is no compass solution for any currently available webOS hardware.

If you're keen to install homebrew, the app called Mode Switcher can have a very nice impact on battery life (given the correct settings). http://forums.precentral.net/webos-p...-switcher.html

webOS simply hangs sometimes. Even with my Pre2, I find it still hiccups every now and then.
    Last edited by blue duck butter; 06/27/2011 at 07:20 AM.
    Global Posts
    893 Global Posts
    When you're talking about low battery can you be more specific?
    3G and wifi can drain the battery in few hours. (with live messaging, facebook, browsing)
    Without them on the phone can go up to 3 days.
    I don't know how 1GHz must feel, but overall Pre 2 feels pretty fast in my case.
    Yeah, if you have facebook and aim on your battery drains faster. Also with wifi on as well. Remember you're coming from the no.1 battery life company in the world. If you get a selios 2600 you can last longer than the iPhone (no I don't work for them).

For the compass thing, just spin your phone around =) lol

And for the speed, well you can download govnah and set it to run at 1ghz all the time if you like. The Pre 2 runs an ondemand linux kernel profile by default, which scales to 300mhz when not needed. You can, without voiding any warranty, change that.

Also if you like to toy around you can install some new kernels that make it even faster.

It takes a while to get used to it, but keep in mind that iPhone fakes being fast, and WebOS is just that.. web-OS. It's all javascript html and css, some things can only load so fast.

-2c
    Neo Enyo 2.0 Twitter App: NOW AVAILABLE | WON REVIEW
    clearview - clear card app for HP TOUCHPAD
    Wild'n Video Poker - AVAILABLE FOR ALL WEBOS DEVICES! | follow for latest updates - @fxspec06

Quote Originally Posted by blue duck butter View Post
    If you're keen to install homebrew, the app called Mode Switcher can have a very nice impact on battery life (given the correct settings). http://forums.precentral.net/webos-p...-switcher.html
    Recommend this thread as well on mode-switcher to save battery life.

http://forums.precentral.net/webos-t...you-think.html

It's a long thread, but it's worked exceptionally well for me on both 1.4.5 and 2.1 when I was using my Pre- and Pre+. Additionally the 2.0 version of mode switcher is a *ton* faster than the 1.4.5 version.

That said, on my Pre2 I don't have mode switcher installed. The battery life on Pre2 is enough to get me to the end of the day, which is really all I need. So I'm running entirely stock.
    Twitter: dullgeek
  6.    #6  
    I've changed the 'Notifications' setting on Facebook to 'Manual', Will this stop facebook from interfering with the battery ?
    SB =================================================================
    Global Posts
    465 Global Posts
    I've changed the 'Notifications' setting on Facebook to 'Manual', Will this stop facebook from interfering with the battery ?
    It will definitely help depending on how often it was set to check before you disabled it. The more often you have it checking for updates the more it will tax the battery.

Another thing to keep in mind about battery life : if you are in an area with crappy cell signal, it will obliterate your battery. My signal is so terrible at work I actually got a TouchStone charger mounted on my desk so my Pre2 can live on it while I'm there.
    Quote Originally Posted by SBpalmpre View Post
    I'm also new. Where is this setting? I have an on or off for notifications (facebook on the Pre 2).