Global Posts
    894 Global Posts
    The photo app takes forever to "resolve" when you swipe from photo to photo.

I was suprised to find that the photos in Exhibition do not have this delay at all.

Why is this? Why does exhibition mode perform better???

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Pixi Plus - Pre Plus - Pre 2 - Pre 3 - Touchpad 1 ;-)
    Global Posts
    664 Global Posts
    It likely loads a bunch of photos in ram while the photos app only loads one at a time.
    Global Posts
    894 Global Posts
    I just found out that the slideshow button in the photo app (webOS 2.1) does the same thing as Exhibition...no delay before the photo "resolves" and you can swipe to the next photo.

Try it!

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Pixi Plus - Pre Plus - Pre 2 - Pre 3 - Touchpad 1 ;-)
    Hi i'm a newbie here. Is there a tweak to fix this issue?
    the slideshow button is also available in 2.0.1 and like you said, it resolves photos instantly! Interesting why it would differ from regular photo browsing....
    I think the answer is simple:
    1. Slideshow mode loads images at the size of 320x480 maximum - to fit the screen
    2. Normal mode loads them as 2000x3000 (or whatever it is) so you can pan it around, zoom, etc,
    that's where the slowness comes in imho
    Quote Originally Posted by ahsirg View Post
    I think the answer is simple:
    1. Slideshow mode loads images at the size of 320x480 maximum - to fit the screen
    2. Normal mode loads them as 2000x3000 (or whatever it is) so you can pan it around, zoom, etc,
    that's where the slowness comes in imho
    You are a genius. Can't believe I didn't think of that.
    I didn't notice any time for the photos to resolve with the Touchpad demo unit at Best Buy. That's odd indeed.
    Quote Originally Posted by empathyrus View Post
    I didn't notice any time for the photos to resolve with the Touchpad demo unit at Best Buy. That's odd indeed.
    well, the touchpad has dual core 1.2 ghz cpu and 1 gb to work with...