1.    #1  
    now that 2.1 came to the Verizon Pre 2's, will the steps to creating a Sprint FrankenPre 2 change for me?

or will all the steps be the same?
  2.    #2  
    i have a pre 2 coming by the end of this week and i need to know if anything has changed.
    No, there is no change to the steps involved.
    Palm Pre 2 on Sprint
    That is a great question. I hope it will be updated. I would like the newest build to be on my frankenpre 2.
    *Patchers STILL make this phone Perfect!
    Palm Devices Currently Owned: Pre, Pre Plus, Pre 2, Pre 3, Pixi, Veer, Touchpads, and too many touchstones!
    Quote Originally Posted by stu5797 View Post
    That is a great question. I hope it will be updated. I would like the newest build to be on my frankenpre 2.
    Once you get the frankenpre 2 working on sprint, you can do an over the air update to 2.1

The over the air updates are pushed by HP and they will work with the frankenpre2. Or you can us the Doctor for unlocked devices to upgrade to 2.1
    Palm Pre 2 on Sprint
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by runtimmyc View Post
    Once you get the frankenpre 2 working on sprint, you can do an over the air update to 2.1

The over the air updates are pushed by HP and they will work with the frankenpre2. Or you can us the Doctor for unlocked devices to upgrade to 2.1
    so once i convert it, my unlocked frankenpre2 will have a 2.1 ota update available and its safe to install that?
    Quote Originally Posted by blackfireball5 View Post
    so once i convert it, my unlocked frankenpre2 will have a 2.1 ota update available and its safe to install that?
    correct, this is exactly what I did when I converted my phone.
    Palm Pre 2 on Sprint
    so the only step for the conversion is just physically installing the comm board from a sprint pre- into the pre 2? My Pre- is already running 2.1 and i have the verizion pre 2 sitting here..
    Quote Originally Posted by elithegreat View Post
    so the only step for the conversion is just physically installing the comm board from a sprint pre- into the pre 2? My Pre- is already running 2.1 and i have the verizion pre 2 sitting here..
    Nope, sadly it's not that easy... but it can be done by pretty much anyone. Go here for the step-by-step guide.
    Palm Pre 2 on Sprint
  10.    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by runtimmyc View Post
    correct, this is exactly what I did when I converted my phone.
    thanks