Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Cantaffordit
  1.    #1  
    Some of you may have seen my previous thread asking for community feedback on the Pre 2 on VZW. Thank you! I'm almost certain that I will now be getting that phone within a couple weeks (and definitely before July 7, unless the Pre 3 is surprised released before then). I'm very excited.

However, I was wondering where I can/should buy the Pre 2. What's the best deal I can get? Currently VZW is directly offering the Pre 2 for $99 with new contract. I can't find it at all on Bestbuy or Amazon's wireless store.

The best deal I've found so far is $49 "directly" through HP (by way of Simplexity).

Palm Pre 2 for Verizon Wireless - HP Wireless Central powered by Simplexity

Any other stores or deals I might be missing? And if anyone has shopped through HP/Simplexity, any tips or comments?

Thanks!
    i only ever buy them from the vzw web site. Usually a bit cheaper, and then i dont have to put up with a visit to best buy with quesrions. Vzw phone support is excellent. Even ifit's more than some amazon deal, its worth it to me in the long run.

also, there is a vzw store in nj that will do it for free witn a contracr if you want to try that. Look throuvh the madketplace forum to fi d his thread. He is awesome.
    fxspec06 likes this.
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    i only ever buy them from the vzw web site. Usually a bit cheaper, and then i dont have to put up with a visit to best buy with quesrions. Vzw phone support is excellent. Even ifit's more than some amazon deal, its worth it to me in the long run.

also, there is a vzw store in nj that will do it for free witn a contracr if you want to try that. Look throuvh the madketplace forum to fi d his thread. He is awesome.
    Are you saying that if I buy from a third party (ie HP), then VZW will not give me any support?
    Not sure if youve purchased yet but the pre 2 is $49.99 on vzw website. I still had $50 off so i got my pre2 as well as my wifes and 2 touchstone chargers for $63.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post

were you drunk when you posted this? =p

I agree. vzw website has best deals than any other place
    Quote Originally Posted by thermodynamic View Post
    Are you saying that if I buy from a third party (ie HP), then VZW will not give me any support?
    nope, as long as you have a phone on VZW, no matter which phone, no matter where you got it from, you have phone support.

he's just saying he doesn't need to go to the store to get support because the phone support is very good
    Neo Enyo 2.0 Twitter App: NOW AVAILABLE | WON REVIEW
    clearview - clear card app for HP TOUCHPAD
    Wild'n Video Poker - AVAILABLE FOR ALL WEBOS DEVICES! | follow for latest updates - @fxspec06

6.    #6  
    Purchased already, thanks everyone! Actually replacing it because of a GPS issue, but I absolutely love it. How webOS was meant to be protrayed!