Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By shaneabunting
  • 2 Post By gihmley
  1.    #1  
    I got my new Pre 2 today after selling my iPhone 4 and I swear to god, I don't think I'll ever look back. It's amazing and webOS really has got more good apps now than before! This is amazing, I hope they don't discontinue it though.
    SB =================================================================
    andresmmm likes this.
    No worries. WebOS is here to stay. Btw, welcome to WebOS

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    I think we should be fine with the Pre 2 for at least another year, with updates and app support, its a very capable phone to handle webOS and if it didn't come out in between the merger of HP and Palm it would have got much more exposure! I'm very happy with it and bought mine less than a month ago

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    I was going to ask how you liked the new phone the next time I saw you post, glad its good for you! I never had an iphone, but I've used 2 android phones on another line, its a nice OS, but picking up my Pre is like coming home.
    Also just read on another post from a guy test driving his Pre 2 with a Touchpad, that he was able to pair his Pre 2 and Touchpad together via Bluetooth and answer calls via his Touchpad just like demo on the Pre 3 and Veer phones.

Not bad and would love to be able to use my Pre1 in this fashion till my phone replacement option lands on Sprint or otherwise. Obviously, the Pre 2 doesn't have Touch to Share technology, so this will be out, but Pre2 now has webOS 2.1 and someone at HP said Pre 2's would support webOS 3.0 and future upgrades. As usual, we'll just have to wait and see if that happens. Welcome back, Sorli...
    Quote Originally Posted by sorli View Post
    Also just read on another post from a guy test driving his Pre 2 with a Touchpad, that he was able to pair his Pre 2 and Touchpad together via Bluetooth and answer calls via his Touchpad just like demo on the Pre 3 and Veer phones.
    Wouldn't surprise me one bit.

Oh, and glad you like your Pre 2

Just goes to show that people on these forums can make a difference
    Neo Enyo 2.0 Twitter App: NOW AVAILABLE | WON REVIEW
    clearview - clear card app for HP TOUCHPAD
    Wild'n Video Poker - AVAILABLE FOR ALL WEBOS DEVICES! | follow for latest updates - @fxspec06

OMG, you sold ur iphone 4 for a Palm pre? Really?

What do you think then?
    How are you finding typing on the keyboard?
    Global Posts
    956 Global Posts
    you can pair any palm phone with bluetooth to a touchpad... Well webos phone that is.

and welcome, I just got my Pre 2 coming from a launch day pre and I love it!
    Don't forget to install the 1.4ghz overclock.
    Global Posts
    127 Global Posts
    I did the same thing you did; I recently put my iPhone 4 up on eBay and my new Pre 2 (unlocked) came in this morning. Absolutely love it - it's the perfect combination of speed, form, and function. I've tried them all - iOS, Android, and none are as elegant as WebOS. Hope it stays around for a LONG time!
    leobloom and shaneabunting like this.
  11.    #11  
    Yeah, I sold the iPhone 4 for it. I miss a few things like all the apps. But the keyboard is fine, not as good in my opinion but that's cus I'm used to the iPhone's since 2009. Reason I sold was I'm saving for a new Mac and wanted a cheaper phone. But I've always admired the Pre.
  12.    #12  
    How?
  13.    #13  
    And yeah, I'm not the only one doing this. Tell me, what apps do you still use on your Pre 2 from your iPhone 4 gihmley?
    I did exactly what you did about two months ago. Sold my iPhone 4 to get a Pre 2. Very good decision on my part and yours.