1.    #1  
    Am i the only one that has just had it with the sms lag bug on the pre2?

out of all the recorded bugs its by far the most irritating and frustrating. Its making me insane. I hear it also happens on the veer, jeez how long do u guys think it'll be before they fix it? I've only been in the community for about 2 years most of which was spent on a snappy pre plus so i have no idea what their turn around time is on fixing bugs.

Any info would be appreciated
    I'm hoping for a fix in webOS 2.2, which should ship with the Pre 3.
    It showed up in 2.1, it should be fixed in 2.2, it's driving me nuts!

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    W370 -> 3500c -> Instinct ->Pre -> Legend -> Pre 2 -> Bold 9900 -> iPhone 4 -> iPhone 5 -> HP Pre 3
    Rogers -> Fido -> Bell Mobility ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------->
    Please forgive me for being a noob, but what bug are you guys on about?

Quote Originally Posted by n00bftw View Post
    Please forgive me for being a noob, but what bug are you guys on about?

There is a lag in the sms application, when you send a message or reply to someone it takes at least 5 seconds for it to show up and send.
    Sent from my Verizon Pre2
    it drives me crazy too!
    Ahh ryt yeah I know what you mean now, never really bothered me much though, I just hope we get webOS 3 on the palm pre 2

Global Posts
    271 Global Posts
    yeah what is the plans for the Pre 2 is it going to be supported even when the pre 3 is out ?
    Global Posts
    960 Global Posts
    yes, pre2 will get supposrted... it just maybe have all the features like TTS
    Want to help design and write an app?
    follow me at Twiiter @ijip
    THANKS~!!
    Quote Originally Posted by mafu6 View Post
    yeah what is the plans for the Pre 2 is it going to be supported even when the pre 3 is out ?
    The pre2 is going to get 3.0 eventually, as HP said.
    Sent from my Verizon Pre2
    Thank god haha

I'm not a big fan of the lag but it doesn't bother me as much as it apparently is bother some of you. lol

I know its going when I hit send so who cares if it takes a few more seconds.

ET
    I have a Verizon Pre 2 with a 2.1 metadoctor. I rarely see more than a 1 second lag on sms. However, it seems that the lag is longer when I have a weak signal. I used to see a much longer lag with 2.1 on my Pre+.
    Not a big deal to me... but I see how people can find it annoying.

PalmOS: Zire71, Clie NX70V, LifeDrive, T|X
    WebOS: VZW Pixi Plus, now VZW PRE 2

I contacted Palm support and they are aware of this issue, many people have reported it and looking into a fix.

W370 -> 3500c -> Instinct ->Pre -> Legend -> Pre 2 -> Bold 9900 -> iPhone 4 -> iPhone 5 -> HP Pre 3
    Rogers -> Fido -> Bell Mobility ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------->
    I know what you mean, doesn't always bother me but other times it is rather annoying. But i'm sure they will fix it with the next update
    It would bother me even more if I couldn't just swipe to the task I was doing before I composed the SMS, if I want to check it was sent I just swipe back a few seconds later! But I don't really notice it tbh. Hopefully a fix will come out soon enough.
    Last edited by leobloom; 06/25/2011 at 06:52 AM.
    Global Posts
    960 Global Posts
    oh yeah, i just remembered that the pre2 in the us is through verizon.... so i would not expect an update until at least q4 maybe even early next year....
    Want to help design and write an app?
    follow me at Twiiter @ijip
    THANKS~!!
    Quote Originally Posted by ijip View Post
    oh yeah, i just remembered that the pre2 in the us is through verizon.... so i would not expect an update until at least q4 maybe even early next year....
    And that's why there's meta-doctors

With SMS it is not so annoying, but it really is kind of a deal breaker with IMs.
    Deleting all your conversations periodically helps with this bug.